East Coast people - help

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by X, Nov 26, 2002.

1. X

X

Alright so I am in Toledo on the 6th for an interview. So I thought it be smart to schedule Drexel around that time since I am flying from cali. So I got the 7th. So after my interview on the 6th I have to get from Toledo or Detroit to Philadelphia. I just checked the tickets thinking it would be cheap, it is more expensive than my ticket from cali to detroit. How can I get from Toledo (or Detroit) to Philadelphia?? Any suggestions.

X

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Neuronix

Neuronix Total nerd
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty SDN Advisor

Attending Physician
    Those are pretty far by train or bus. If I'm correct, Detroit is about a 8 hour drive and Toledo is slightly under that. You could pull it off if you booked an all-nighter by amtrak or greyhound, but it would suck. The only other option would be to fly. This may be expensive, but I think it's the only good option you have.

Good luck!

4. Jet915

Jet915 Shi*ter's Rule

Toledo to Philly is like 6-7 hours (depending how fast you drive). I was going 85 and got caught with a ticket in pennsylvania (go figure) and I wouldnt suggest doing that now cause it might snow (I went in early Nov.). I would just buy the plane ticket. Same thing happened to me, I bought my ticket from los angeles to chicago and it was 170 and I needed a ticket from chicago to philly and I figured it was going to be cheaper. It was actually 180 bucks. I couldnt believe it but I had to buy the ticket anyway.

Jetson

5. lotanna

lotanna Child of God

toledo is 45mins-hr from detroit. Detroit to Philly is about 8hrs, its 4hrs to pittsburg