East Coast Programs for IM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perplexedchicken

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need a little help.

Currently M4 at a Washington DC medical school. Looking to stay on the East Coast for residency, but also for a change of scenery. I've been in DC for the past 7 years.

Targeting Philly + Manhattan/Brooklyn. Step 1 232, High Pass in Medicine, mix of passes and high passes in other cores. Should have decent letters. Step 2 is booked for October (score probably released in November).

Which of these programs do have a decent shot at? Any I should avoid? Any I should add? Do I have a chance at anything in Boston?
UPenn, Jefferson, Temple, Drexel, NYU, NYP Cornell, NYP Columbia, Mount Sinai, SUNY Brooklyn, Hofstra Lenox Hill, Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St Luke's Roosevelt, NYP Brooklyn, Pennsylvania Hospital, Maimonides

Members don't see this ad.

Need a little help.

Currently M4 at a Washington DC medical school. Looking to stay on the East Coast for residency, but also for a change of scenery. I've been in DC for the past 7 years.

Targeting Philly + Manhattan/Brooklyn. Step 1 232, High Pass in Medicine, mix of passes and high passes in other cores. Should have decent letters. Step 2 is booked for October (score probably released in November).

Which of these programs do have a decent shot at? Any I should avoid? Any I should add? Do I have a chance at anything in Boston?
UPenn, Jefferson, Temple, Drexel, NYU, NYP Cornell, NYP Columbia, Mount Sinai, SUNY Brooklyn, Hofstra Lenox Hill, Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St Luke's Roosevelt, NYP Brooklyn, Pennsylvania Hospital, Maimonides

I think your list is fine although I think its filled with reaches (penn, cornell, columbia, mt sinai, nyu) and safeties. You may only have 1 program in between (Jefferson), but that's unfortunately the case with limiting your self geographically to two cities. I think you should definitely apply to Boston, it'll easily open up more likely programs like Tufts, BMC that are good programs that I think you have a solid chance of getting an interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.