East Tennessee State University Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjs310186

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did not see a thread for this year's applicants for ETSU so I decided to create one.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I interviewed on 10/10 also. Did you get that email today about the 19th?

Yes, I also received an email. Best of Luck to you!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Whew! I hadn't heard of them sending any notifications out via email before! Best of luck to you, too!!!

Thanks for starting a thread! I also interviewed on 10/10. I loved ETSU! So scared for friday :scared:

I really enjoyed interviewing at ETSU too. It is a great school academically and the medical campus was gorgeous. The anticipation of receiving an email is getting worse each day. Friday cannot come soon enough.

Any1 else get a call? I'm so excited! Etsu class of 2017!

Yes. Unfortunately, I was not able to answer the phone when they called, but I got a really nice message in my voicemail that I was able to listen to afterward.

Yeah same here. That's one of the things I really like about the school. i feel like they really care about their students.

For sure! No other school I have heard of has their dean call students to congratulate them. They really care about making their applicants feel welcome. Congrats on your acceptance! Its an awesome feeling to be one step closer to becoming a pharmacist!

Hey! I got the call, too! Sooooooo excited! So did you guys start a facebook page for our class yet?!?!? :D p.s. I adore the Dean...and the rest of the faculty that we met! I couldn't be happier! Congrats to you guys, too!!!!

I have not created a facebook page yet for our class. If you would like to do it and post a link, you are welcome to it!

Ok. Sorry this took so long....had a 9 page midterm paper and 2 tests this week! :laugh:

Here is the link to OUR CLASS PAGE!!! So excited to say that!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/510841508928036/

I actually do my undergrad at ETSU so I drove over Friday and put down my deposit/formally accepted!!! Wendy even remembered my name!

Cant wait to see you guys on the page, too!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview on Wednesday. I am a little nervous as this is my first interview and I am quite shy. Do you all have any tips or suggestions? Are the interviews blind?

So far I ETSU is my top choice in pharmacy school. The faculty have been so inviting even before the interview.

I have an interview on Wednesday. I am a little nervous as this is my first interview and I am quite shy. Do you all have any tips or suggestions? Are the interviews blind?

So far I ETSU is my top choice in pharmacy school. The faculty have been so inviting even before the interview.

My Tips for the interview are to have an interest in the school and be yourself. The admissions staff are super friendly and want you to feel comfortable. It's a really easy interview day compared to other universities so do not worry. Being shy is not necessarily a bad thing, just try to make an effort to speak up and always be genuine. I would be confident, but do not be arrogant! Above all, act professional (Do not use your cell phone at all while on campus---I suggest leaving it in the car). Have questions prepared for your interviewers and for any faculty/students you meet. The interviewers have read over your file--one of my interviewers sited something specific that was only been mentioned in my application. If interviews are similar to how ours were, you will have two interviews (about 20 minutes each): one with a student and one with faculty or alumni. Best of Luck!

Thank you so much mjs310186. Your response was very informative and I appreciate your time.

Yay I got a call on my way home. Their campus is beautiful.

Its great to hear you had a positive experience while on campus! ETSU has a great atmosphere.

I just interviewed here today. The faculty really do go above and beyond to make you feel welcome.

Emails went out today for 11/28 interview...

Does anyone know of any good housing options in Johnson City?

Blah guys help I don't know what to do! I got into university of Kentucky's cop, and I am now having a hard time choosing between ETSU. Uk has the pull of Lexington, but I really enjoyed the closeness and warmth if ETSU. Any thoughts guys?

I would say go where you think you'll do best academically, then figure out what's next in line in order of importance and weigh the pros and cons of each. It's how I made my choice, at least.

Blah guys help I don't know what to do! I got into university of Kentucky's cop, and I am now having a hard time choosing between ETSU. Uk has the pull of Lexington, but I really enjoyed the closeness and warmth if ETSU. Any thoughts guys?

I would take some time to think about what each school has to offer beyond academics because after interviewing at a lot of schools, I can say the curriculum does not change all that much. Both schools have fully accredited PharmD programs, therefore, upon graduation you will be eligible to sit for state boards. UK has a larger program that is more competitive, whereas, ETSU has a developing program that has the potential to rival many competitive schools. I feel that the personal attention to detail places ETSU above many universities. It truly is a matter of perspective, so think about it on your own. Ultimately, you have the potential to become a pharmacist, it just depends what school's name you want on your degree. Best of Luck!

I would take some time to think about what each school has to offer beyond academics because after interviewing at a lot of schools, I can say the curriculum does not change all that much. Both schools have fully accredited PharmD programs, therefore, upon graduation you will be eligible to sit for state boards. UK has a larger program that is more competitive, whereas, ETSU has a developing program that has the potential to rival many competitive schools. I feel that the personal attention to detail places ETSU above many universities. It truly is a matter of perspective, so think about it on your own. Ultimately, you have the potential to become a pharmacist, it just depends what school's name you want on your degree. Best of Luck!

Thanks for the info guys. After much debate I decided to withdrawal my seat at ETSU. Im either going to go to UK or maybe my state school, UMD. Good luck to those of you attending ETSU and other pharmacy schools next year!

Is anyone else going to the interview 02/28? So excited to get an interview any helpful advice!!!

Does anyone know of any good housing options in Johnson City?

Hi ya'll,

Congrats on your acceptance into ETSU's Gatton College of Pharmacy. August will come quickly and I am sure many of you are thinking about getting everything prepared. I am a student at the College and have a great condo for sale right across the road from the VA campus.

Address: 2121 S Greenwood Dr #802, Johnson City, TN 37604

This is a perfect area to enjoy the walking path and fields near ETSU, the sights of the VA campus, and much more. This unit, built in 2006, offers hardwood flooring, fully-equipped kitchen with newer appliances and two large bedrooms each with private baths. Washer and dryer on main floor as well. Water is furnished with the $80 monthly HOA which also includes lawn care, outside maintenance. There are currently medical, pharmacy, and nursing students currently living in other units. Great for future re-sale. Flexible closing so make an offer before it goes.

You can contact me at [email protected] for any questions.

Again, congratulations and best of luck.

Last edited: