Eastern European medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stwei

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How easy would it be for foreign students graduating from an Eastern European medical school to find a residency position say in England? Are there any subtle regulations limiting the number of physicians going west in spite of the EU status? Are there any statutes that are enforced securing the standards of medical practice throughout the EU?

Members don't see this ad.

one of my good freinds graduated in september. he got a job almost immediately. now, this is just anecdotal, so i don't really know whether this reflects how easy it is for everyone, or whether it was an isolated incident.

he got a job in england, he is a canadian/british dual citizen. seemed very simple to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi
I am looking for a 4 year medical course in English leading to MD. My premed is Biology from Germany. as i am paying for my course i wouldn't like it to be expensive. have you got any suggestions?
Thanks!!

neilc said:
one of my good freinds graduated in september. he got a job almost immediately. now, this is just anecdotal, so i don't really know whether this reflects how easy it is for everyone, or whether it was an isolated incident.

he got a job in england, he is a canadian/british dual citizen. seemed very simple to me.