eastern virginia acceptances?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by myhc, Oct 19, 2002.

1. myhc

myhc Member

dammit i got wait listed! argh! (i like to use argh! instead of the normal grrr! b/c garfield comics always used argh!) i actually wasn't expecting much b/c it was my first interview and i was nervous as hell and did not do well. so i guess i can be happy that i didn't get rejected......nah i'm pissed!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jalan2

jalan2 Senior Member

myhc,

Sorry about that. Don't let your hope down yet, since you're still on the running... Since that was your first interview, use your lessons learned for your other interviews.

How did you get the news from them (email, snailmail)? When did you interview? I interviewed there two weeks ago, but haven't heard anything yet.

-j

4. hokiedoc

hokiedoc Member

They said at my interview that they accept a great many off the waitlist so you have a good chance.

Jalan, acceptances are sent out via certified mail. They said it takes approximately two weeks. But it took six weeks for me cause I interviewed Sept 4th and October 15 so it was a while!!

What did you guys think of the school? I absolutely loved it!

5. DoubleDoctor

DoubleDoctor Ceder Dog's Daddy

Chalk it up as experience. You'll be much better at your next interview. Who knows, you could very well get off the waitlist. It's still very early in the process. Keep your chin up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. loserman

loserman Banned
    Banned

I liked the fact that their exams aren't in blocks, so you only take about one test a week. And everything there was pretty new compared to other schools with really old facilities.

7. clittle1981

clittle1981 Member

my impressions of EVMS are pretty similar, although there are definitely advantages to a block type curriculum as well.. I am waitlisted too, but I'm in-state and from the Eastern Shore of VA so I still think I have a good chance. MCV is my first choice though; I was just really won over by how much the students there love their school when I interviewed.. Also on hold until December at MCV..

8. Wahoo07

Wahoo07 Senior Member

Wow myhc, I'm in the exact same boat as you. EVMS was also my first interview and I got waitlisted as well. :( Oh well, I'm sure everything will work out in the end. ;)