Program-Specific Info / Q's Eastern Washington University Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WorkingHard16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Eastern as to interviews? I know the date would be March 1st, but I don't know when they tell you if you got an interview. Also I was told by the OT admissions director that the EWU graduate studies office only requires official transcripts if you get accepted. Is that what everyone else heard?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven'y heard anything from EWU yet.. I am hoping we get some information soon, have you gotten emails or heard from them?

I haven't heard from them but I called Carrie Walker today to make sure they have all materials and she said that they're hoping to have emails out by Feb 10th. She also said that everyone will get an email either telling them they got an interview or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh so soon! Good luck, hopefully we both hear good news!!

I had an interview last year and the email was in the beginning part of Feb. and the interview was on March 1.

anyone receive an interview or heard anything yet??

No I haven't heard. I assume they're just late? I'm freaking out every time I get an email though...

It should be sometime this week Carrie said.

I JUST got my invitation to interview! So check your inboxes, emails are out there (finally) :D

Okay forgot to ask, now that the emails are out - what are the interviews like? What types of questions do they ask and what's it like to be interviewed in a group setting?

Where are you from? Out of curiosity. I think they place a high premium on local applicants...

I didnt get in :( so bummed I really wanted to be at this school.. I'm from Southern California but I heard it's difficult to get into because it's the biggest school in the eastern wa area.. Good luck on your interviews!

For starters, their applicant pool last year had a cumulative/pre-req GPA of 3.85, which is pretty darn high if you ask me! That's higher than the UW's, it looks like. Based on what information they provided on OTCAS under "Participating Programs." This was my second year applying, and I'm from Washington, and went to school that was neighboring the EWU-Spokane campus (Gonzaga, which means I wouldn't have minded being in Spokane another 2-3 years). I had a 3.6 in pre-req's, strong letter of recs, and accumulated 130+ hours of observation/volunteer work in Peds, school-settings, and work-rehab, as well as been a CNA for two years for the geriatric population- so my job is very much paying attention to an elderly folks' daily tasks and more; I have loved it and see it as a huge learning experience than as a job.

I think I'm just disappointed as I improved my application greatly like they told me to last year. On top of dropping another $225 (125 OTCAS, 100 to EWU Grad admissions). I do congratulate those who have gotten an interview, do your best and soar! :D I just know I will one day be an OT, even if I have to be an OTA first to get the very relatable experience needed for OT schools.

Okay, OSU789 obviously it's frustrating to spend the money and not get in, but EVERYBODY spent the same amount on the grad app. We all know it's not cheap to apply and if you get in it's worth it but it's awful if you don't.

That said, none of us know why they pick who they do. My gpa is only a 3.62. Who knows what it is they're looking for, but complaining that it was $145 isn't going to change that...

So I just heard from Carrie that I'm #1 on the waitlist... Anyone accepted but thinking they won't go?? EWU is my absolute top choice!!

So I just heard from Carrie that I'm #1 on the waitlist... Anyone accepted but thinking they won't go?? EWU is my absolute top choice!!

Hi WorkingHard16! I got into Eastern and am likely turning down my acceptance and going to UW. I'm not 100% sure yet, but with your seat on the wait list I wouldn't be worried at all if you haven't already gotten in! Pacific is in the midst of telling people of their acceptances too and I spoke to a number of people at their interview who had applied to EWU and Pacific and preferred Pacific, so I'm sure some seats should be opening up soon. Good luck and congrats!!

Thanks so much for letting me know! I know #1 is almost as good as accepted but it's still anxiety-inducing to wait, and Carrie mentioned that there was one year that they didn't end up taking anyone from the wait list. But if there are a decent number of people who prefer UW/Pacific then I'm sure someone will get accepted to both and free up a spot at Eastern!

Congrats on your acceptances!!!

Hey have you made your official decision as to where you're going?

I have! I e-mailed Eastern today giving up my seat, so you're in! Should be getting some good news soon! :)

Hi there,
Gocougs2013, if you wouldn't mind, what was your gpa and gre scores to have gotten into both EWU and UW? Was this your first year applying? Did you have your BA or BS degree finished before your interview?
I know it is highly competitive. Thank you for your help.