Eastern Washington University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WSUCoug2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

Has anyone heard anything from Eastern inregards to interviews?? If so, did you hear via email or mail??

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing yet. Had to resend my transcripts to OTCAS because they say they never received them.....

I could really do without this new system. :mad:

Nothing yet. Had to resend my transcripts to OTCAS because they say they never received them.....

I could really do without this new system. :mad:

I totally agree with you! I don't like it! It just costs me more money to apply! Lol! Hopefully we hear something soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi WSUCoug2010- I just got a letter from EWU on Feb. 18th inviting me for an interview. I was honestly pretty shocked to get the letter since I have two C's in their prereq's and horrible GRE's. However, my cum GPA is 3.6 and I think I wrote a rockin essay. (at least I hope so!)

Have you gotten a letter or response yet? Yours might be in the mail and delayed because of the holiday (President's Day).

Do you know if you get an interview as long as you meet the minimum requirements? Or are certain people chosen based on their criteria??

Anyhoo- I hope you get an interview! Good luck!!

Hi WSUCoug2010- I just got a letter from EWU on Feb. 18th inviting me for an interview. I was honestly pretty shocked to get the letter since I have two C's in their prereq's and horrible GRE's. However, my cum GPA is 3.6 and I think I wrote a rockin essay. (at least I hope so!)

Have you gotten a letter or response yet? Yours might be in the mail and delayed because of the holiday (President's Day).

Do you know if you get an interview as long as you meet the minimum requirements? Or are certain people chosen based on their criteria??

Anyhoo- I hope you get an interview! Good luck!!

Hi OThopefully,

I haven't gotten anything yet! I hope I will get something soon! If they came in the mail, then it may have been delayed due to the holiday. I know my friend had applied last year and she met all the requirements but didn't get an interview! I hope I can get a interview! This is my second time around applying and I really want to get into school and get on with my career instead of being an aide! haha! I will post when I find out if I get one!

Good luck to you!!

I just received my letter of invitation for interview today. I am in group 1 at 9:00am. Anyone in the Spokane area that is interviewing?

It came in the mail around the 19th. I am in the Spokane area if that offers any insight. Cum gpa--3.78; pre-req gpa-- 3.6; GRE--1060, 4.5 written. Hope any of this info gives some insight.

I received my letter today for an interview!! I'm so excited! :D

It came in the mail around the 19th. I am in the Spokane area if that offers any insight. Cum gpa--3.78; pre-req gpa-- 3.6; GRE--1060, 4.5 written. Hope any of this info gives some insight.

We have very similar stats, here's to hoping we both get in! Did you apply anywhere else?

No. EWU was my sole choice. I own a home here in Spokane and my wife works for the Govt. so we are here for the long haul. Best of luck to every one.

Congrats to everyone who has an interview coming up! Quick question- When you guys responded via email "RSVP Interview", did anyone from EWU write back and confirm they received your email/interview acceptance??

Thanks!

Congrats to everyone who has an interview coming up! Quick question- When you guys responded via email "RSVP Interview", did anyone from EWU write back and confirm they received your email/interview acceptance??

Thanks!

Hey! I was wondering the same thing!! I didnt hear anything back!
Did anyone?

Members don't see this ad :)
No. But I did get a message stating to make sure my Fafsa and grad general scholarship form were filled out by the 15th of Feb. I received this email on the 25th. I should have known better. Not the programs fault but I wish the University was more proactive at instilling these facts within their students. Oh well. Lesson learned.

I contacted Carrie, the OT Admissions woman, and she said she had me down and I was good to go. I don't think they're contacting people who RSVP to let them know they received your email. If it's really bugging you, send them another email to make sure, but chances are that you're down.

Good Luck!

Does anyone know how many students EWU admits for their program?

I go to Eastern now and my advisor said that they normally accept 30 students. However due to the record number of applications they are increasing it to 32 this year. So that could be good (more spots) or bad (more competition for those spots).

Hey OTfuture~ I was rereading EWU's admission procedures and I wanted to double check on something.. Are they offering interviews to anyone who meets the minimum requirement?

I guess I'm just wondering if the invitation to interview is just a procedure and I don't really have a chance. (My stats- Cum GPA 3.6, Prereq GPA 3.2, GRE writing 4.0) They mostly look at the writing score right??

What do you think?

OThopefully,
I am not sure about who gets interviews. I had heard that it was anyone who met minimum qualifications. However, WSUCoug2010 said that her friend met the minimum and didn't get an interview. I'd say just prepare well for the interview and let your personality shine. If you meet the requirements and they like you in interview then you have a good chance of acceptance.

Some tips I learned from a current student:
* know why you want to be an OT, practice your answer
* have a good answer for why you chose EWU for OT
* Know about current research and recent strides made in OT
* During the activity, actively participate, don't be too quiet or standoffish. It's okay to lead but don't take over the whole activity, it looks bad.

Which interview group are you in? I am in the 9:00 check in group.

I don't believe the invitation for an interview is open to all persons meeting the minimum requirements. I believe it is a list of their top choices with a sprinkling of individuals to fill a waiting list for those deciding to go with another school. Just a theory, however. I know a few people in the program, both 1st and 2nd year students, and they all say don't sweat the interview. If they didn't believe you had what it took you wouldn't have received and invite.

Thanks everyone! Great advice! I just took a little sigh of relief. :) I do recall what WSUCoug2010 said about her friend meeting the minimum and still not receiving an invite. However, I looked on their Admissions procedures and it said those who meet the minimum will get an interview. So, that's why I was a little confused. However, I think you're all right, I'm sure they don't invite everyone who meets the minimum. That would just be way too many people.

I'm in Interview Group #2.. Anyone else?

Thanks everyone! Great advice! I just took a little sigh of relief. :) I do recall what WSUCoug2010 said about her friend meeting the minimum and still not receiving an invite. However, I looked on their Admissions procedures and it said those who meet the minimum will get an interview. So, that's why I was a little confused. However, I think you're all right, I'm sure they don't invite everyone who meets the minimum. That would just be way too many people.

I'm in Interview Group #2.. Anyone else?

Yeah my friend met all the requirements and didn't get an interview! I dont know the reason the website says that. It is very confusing! I am in the 10am interview!! I am excited the interview!! :)

How long after the interviews will we receive notification? I think it said about 2 weeks, right?

Good luck to everyone who interviewed at Eastern! I loved the campus and the feel of the school/current students/and faculty! The interview was so much more relaxing than I had thought! Cross my fingers I can get in! :)

Yup. 2 to 3 weeks. I was in the 9 am group. Blue shirt and crazy tie. It went a LOT smoother than I thought it would have. I came away feeling incredibly confident. Any ones experience differ? I had Bobbie as an interviewer. That went a lot easier than I thought, also. Lots of yummy pastries, too!:thumbup:

Will let everyone know.:xf:

I was in the 11:15 group J. At first the interview was a bit intimidating, but after we got chatting, it was kinda fun. I enjoyed learning more about the school and what it has to offer. I can't believe how many people were there though! I heard that there were 150 applicants and 90 were given interviews. And out of the 90, they are only choosing about 32 people. Crazy!
What did you guys think about the activity? I enjoyed getting to know my table mates, but at the same time it was hard to work in a group. I had someone in my group that insisted we just "wing it" for the presentation part and that didn't go over so well. I wonder how important the presentation part of the activity is?
Well, good luck everyone! :)

Anyone hear anything yet?? I want to know so badly! Keeping my fingers crossed!!! :)

Still haven't heard anything. It has to be this week! Carrie told me it would be before school started for spring quarter which is this coming Monday.

I was rejected long ago.... probably when you were getting your letters for interviewing. Was rejected because I didn't have a variety of OT volunteer settings. I had 2 settings, peds (100 hours and 6 months of full-time employment) and an adult I worked with as an aide (30 hours), so I was a little confused when I found out that was why I was rejected. I just want to get in SOMEWHERE at this point.

I was rejected long ago.... probably when you were getting your letters for interviewing. Was rejected because I didn't have a variety of OT volunteer settings. I had 2 settings, peds (100 hours and 6 months of full-time employment) and an adult I worked with as an aide (30 hours), so I was a little confused when I found out that was why I was rejected. I just want to get in SOMEWHERE at this point.

Me too! And seriously, I have no idea what they want anymore. All my letters have stated "record number of candidates." That sure doesn't make me feel good about everywhere else I applied. ha :( Staying positive though or at least trying!

I think my letter came!! My roommate just texted me to say that I received a letter from EWU department of OT but I am out of town for spring break. I can't decide if I should have her open it for me or not...AHHH!

I think my letter came!! My roommate just texted me to say that I received a letter from EWU department of OT but I am out of town for spring break. I can't decide if I should have her open it for me or not...AHHH!

Ahh! That's hard!! You just made me so nervous to go check the mail!!!! I'm at work and I want to go home now to check!! Lol

Is it a big envelope or a regular sized letter? The bigger the envelope the better.. :)

It was legal sized. She opened it and I am on the "alternates list"...what does that even mean? Is it the same as a waitlist?? I thought for sure I had this one, I thought I was going to get it. Now I'm totally depressed...

It was legal sized. She opened it and I am on the "alternates list"...what does that even mean? Is it the same as a waitlist?? I thought for sure I had this one, I thought I was going to get it. Now I'm totally depressed...

Aw! Im sorry!! :( ill be upset if i dont get in! Its my last hope for this year! Atleast you are on the waiting list and not rejected! Did you get accepted anywhere else??

No, I am still waiting to hear from UW but not holding out too much hope for getting into that program... Here's to hoping lots of accepted people decide to go elsewhere and they take lots of people from the waitlist. The worst part is, they will not tell you what your ranking is on the waitlist! I think that is just wrong.

No, I am still waiting to hear from UW but not holding out too much hope for getting into that program... Here's to hoping lots of accepted people decide to go elsewhere and they take lots of people from the waitlist. The worst part is, they will not tell you what your ranking is on the waitlist! I think that is just wrong.

I agree that is wrong too. You really need some knowledge of your chances in order to make other important choices. That's so frustrating!!

That's not right! Did they say when they would let you know?? Or are you completely clueless till class starts??

I am truly fortunate! I was accepted. Good luck to you all. I can't imagine they'd make a large alternate list. And with OTCAS I'm sure they will get more rejections than normal from accepted students taking other offers. Keep us posted.

Jamesboyd I am happy for you! Congratulations. I hope I get to join you this summer. I'm hoping I am close to the top of the alternate list. My stats are really good and my interview went really well so I am still a little confused. Guess I just have to wait and see what happens.

I am truly fortunate! I was accepted. Good luck to you all. I can't imagine they'd make a large alternate list. And with OTCAS I'm sure they will get more rejections than normal from accepted students taking other offers. Keep us posted.

Congrats!! Did it come in the mail?? Was it a big envelope or normal size? Sorry for the weird questions! Just curious!

Please, don't be sorry. I'd ask the same. It was a standard size business envelope with a few papers in it. My heart was beating about a million miles an hour.

Please, don't be sorry. I'd ask the same. It was a standard size business envelope with a few papers in it. My heart was beating about a million miles an hour.

I guess my theory was wrong (ie- bigger envelope is better). Actually, I'm a bit relieved. Now I can still tell myself I have a 50/50 chance before I open it! ;)

Congrats on getting in! :thumbup:

Thanks James! At least I won't know my fate right when I open the mailbox! Good luck to everyone! I hope I receive my letter tomorrow!

I'm in total shock. I got accepted! I feel incredibly blessed, thank you Jesus! I still can't believe it! :D

Good luck to those who are still waiting! :thumbup: I'm thinking positive thoughts for you!

I'm in total shock. I got accepted! I feel incredibly blessed, thank you Jesus! I still can't believe it! :D

Good luck to those who are still waiting! :thumbup: I'm thinking positive thoughts for you!

:highfive: Congrats!!

Well, I got rejected from my 5th and final school.... Man... this blows!! This was my 2nd year applying! It becomes so frusterating to apply and get discouraged for my 2nd year..... :( Maybe I am not supposed to be an OT....

Well, I got rejected from my 5th and final school.... Man... this blows!! This was my 2nd year applying! It becomes so frusterating to apply and get discouraged for my 2nd year..... :( Maybe I am not supposed to be an OT....

I'm so sorry WSUCoug2010! :( If OT is your dream, please don't give up!! Just imagine if you apply next year and get in.. When you become an OT, you will be an inspiration in and of itself!! You can tell your patients/clients to persevere and not give up and be able to relate to their emotional struggle. This will make you an even better OT than most! Please don't give up!