Easy Bio Courses Online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfbro

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Could somebody help me out, I am graduating and its too late for me to enroll at my school for another course, but I just found out I need 1 more UD Bio course for a school I just interviewed at. Does anybody know an easy UD bio course online that I could do in like 3 weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

not sure. Why dont you just take a summer course for a month at a community college?

I would, but the med school said they want me to take an online course, and definitely NOT a community college course. thanks though

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it a US medical school?

A good number (perhaps most) of US med schools won't accept online coursework. Thus, signing up for one of these courses is probably like throwing $1000 into a toilet and pulling the handle. :cool:

A good number (perhaps most) of US med schools won't accept online coursework. Thus, signing up for one of these courses is probably like throwing $1000 into a toilet and pulling the handle. :cool:

or pushing the handle, depending on your height

I would, but the med school said they want me to take an online course, and definitely NOT a community college course. thanks though

A medical school told you to take an online biology course? Not sure what you mean by that.

I know Harvard has an online course this summer in Neurobiology (or something similar). Won't necessarily be easy, but I suppose it's a reputable course so it wouldn't be like flushing your money down the toilet, hopefully.

I find it hard to believe that a med school said you have to take the course online rather than at a CC. Did they tell you where to find this course of magic and wonder that surpasses their expectations of a "easy" CC courses?

The University of Southern Mississippi had several online biology courses. I took an upper level course - History of Biology - that was fair. You basically read the text book from cover to cover and take online quizes based on the assigned reading by a specific due date. They also have you go through and summarize several very old papers which was a pain.

I find it hard to believe that a med school said you have to take the course online rather than at a CC. Did they tell you where to find this course of magic and wonder that surpasses their expectations of a "easy" CC courses?

it was the director of admissions at this particular medical school, and I spoke with that person directly. She told me to take an online bio course, so i am pretty sure that is what she wants me to do.

I guess I should just ask what peoples experiences have been taking online bio courses.

it was the director of admissions at this particular medical school, and I spoke with that person directly. She told me to take an online bio course, so i am pretty sure that is what she wants me to do.

I guess I should just ask what peoples experiences have been taking online bio courses.

Oregon St. has better online courses. Granted there are not many biology courses. But there are still a lot of classes that a person can do online.

Did she specifically say not to take a CC course? I ask this because if you're missing a bio requirement, more than one school will probably want you to make it up and most schools do NOT accept online courses, whereas most DO accept CC courses. I would call her back and ask if a CC bio course is OK. It would suck to take an online course for school ABC, then have to take a CC or university course for school XYZ that won't accept online courses.

Hi Everyone,

Could somebody help me out, I am graduating and its too late for me to enroll at my school for another course, but I just found out I need 1 more UD Bio course for a school I just interviewed at. Does anybody know an easy UD bio course online that I could do in like 3 weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Dude, check out UC Berkley Extension. I found two biology classes I'm going to take through them instead of my campus because it costs less. My school does not have a cancer biology class. UC Berkley Extension offers it!!!!! The funny thing is, I could sign up for four of those classes and it would be 10 dollars less for tution then it would to take two classes where I go to college, lol, lol.

There are some bio courses from there that you can sign up for today and you can finish them as quick as you want. if you want, you can get one of those courses done in a month or up to 6 months. I am going to do three of those courses for this summer to try and improve my application some.

Here is the link: http://www.unex.berkeley.edu/online/

yes these are real classes.

they are pretty good classes

they are pretty good classes

If I knew about these courses before I would have just lived at home and worked 10 hours a week and took these classes and take some classes at a four year university to take the lab courses and not have to spend so much time in history and english lectures.