"easy" medical schools to get into?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if you are looking for easy medical schools to go to try DO schools they are pretty easy to get into

You may have meant "easier" rather than "pretty easy." These schools certainly have lower GPA's and MCATs on average, but many of them are approaching allo stats and the competition is still pretty rough.

That said, a reasonably competitive allo applicant should have no trouble getting into the top osteopathic schools provided they do their homework about osteopathic medicine and interview well. I'll admit I applied to DO schools as backups because I knew what I was getting myself into and I would have been happy to attend a DO school if it came to that.

I would recommend anyone with iffy numbers to do their research about the DO option (pre-osteopathic forum is for this, not here). If your cool with the whole osteo shindig definitely add a few onto to the app list. Never hurts to have a safety net.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try the Ho Chi Minh City School of Medicine.

[YOUTUBE]CNESGut1Jo4[/YOUTUBE]

The one that lets you in. All the ones that don't were super hard.

As to the hollywood medical school thing:

Coming from someone in the area, it is MUCH harder to become a hollywood doctor than to get into many US MD schools.

As to the hollywood medical school thing:

Coming from someone in the area, it is MUCH harder to become a hollywood doctor than to get into many US MD schools.

missed it

I hear Strayer has a pretty decent program.

The Board scores coming out of Univ. of Phoenix Med are also pretty phenomenal, rivalling those of ITT Tech School of Health Sciences.

Good stuff! :laugh:

"My son got into ITT."

"Oh yeah, what'd he have to do, open the door?" :D

Good stuff! :laugh:

"My son got into ITT."

"Oh yeah, what'd he have to do, open the door?" :D

it's devry. my son got into devry.

get it right or pay the price! :mad:

-

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
are you serious??? omg, i wish i was in mississipi..that's not fair
wow. all instate, just 200 applicants.

Here's my cons:

*My age is 38, and I came in the US 8 years ago. My native language is not English. I speak English with an accent.

So, this may be negative for me at the interview?

What do you recommened or what can your comments be in the manner?

Son, these are pros. URM's got it good. :thumbup:

Ohio and Texas, and probably New York are by far the best states to live in if you are applying as an in-stater.

Ohio is definitely awesome to it's in-staters.

Northeastern Ohio took 128 out of 819 of it's instate applicants (that's 16%) and...

*drum roll please*

...6 out of 1198 of it's out of state applicants (or .005%).

I know but I don't want to say because thats where I applied. Its not good to trash- talk the school you might end up at.

Buy MSAR online fir $20 and do a GPA search in the drop-down box. Beware! schools with low MCAT/GPA that only take in-state or neighboring state applicants.

What are some medical schools that are known to be "less competitive?" I know that all medical schools are competitive but like....what's the opposite of the top 25?

DO schools are less competitive. Among the MD schools, its hard to tell. There are a lot of variables out of your control at play so how well you perform on the admissions trail is not an accurate indicator of your potential as a medical student. That being said, I've heard that certain out of state private schools are easier, in MI, Wayne and MSUCHM aren't particularly choosy with states and but are heavily public. Tuition is high for both though. MCW from my experience takes a lot of people for interviews and so does Indiana.

Ross-University-School-of-Medicine.jpg

Some of the state schools in places like West Virginia Alabama Arkansas and Mississippi have lower stats than some do schools even. If you're a resident of one of those states you're in luck. If not don't bother. Puerto Rican schools also have lower average stats but good Spanish is required.

Anyone notice how some random poster just resurrected a 2.5 year old thread???

Yeah it happened again after your post.

are you serious??? omg, i wish i was in mississipi..that's not fair
wow. all instate, just 200 applicants.
I know but I don't want to say because thats where I applied. Its not good to trash- talk the school you might end up at.

Buy MSAR online fir $20 and do a GPA search in the drop-down box. Beware! schools with low MCAT/GPA that only take in-state or neighboring state applicants.
Really?? How?? Somehow I know your just joking

Reactions: 1 user
I have suggested to many students an almost guaranteed manner to get into any medical school

http://medcure.org/?gclid=CJb3rri7h84CFU5bhgodq8IINw
You haven't read the book, "Stiff" by Mary Roach, which discusses how donating one's body to science does not guarantee its ending up in a body bag in an anatomical dissection lab. There are many other creative uses to which these donations are put, that include, eg, testing car safety and advancing the science of forensics.

Reactions: 2 users
You haven't read the book, "Stiff" by Mary Roach, which discusses how donating one's body to science does not guarantee its ending up in a body bag in an anatomical dissection lab. There are many other creative uses to which these donations are put, that include, eg, testing car safety and advancing the science of forensics.
I loved Stiff.

Reactions: 1 user
damn I got half way through replying before realizing this thread was from the dark ages