Easy Pharmacy Schools To Get Into

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prefarmstu786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me from their experience which pharmacy schools are easier to get in, comparatively???

Members don't see this ad.

Private institutions are usually said to be 'easier' if you are wiling to pay the price. It's logical though. Hmm, but specifically speaking, I hear that Boston isn't too bad and they do not require a PCAT score. Good luck!

Pls Can Someone Tell Me From Experience Which Pharmacy Schools Are Easier To Get In Compared To Others!!! I HEARD SHENANDOAH IS PRETTY EASY ANY MORE SUGGESTIONS...
I don't see how Shenandoah is easier when they require a minimum of 45% on each area. I would say easy schools to be the one from your state school, since you are only competing against people in your state and just a few from out-of-state

Members don't see this ad :)
Some state schools have ridiculous GPA requirements like Ohio State, Kentucky, Rutgers, WVU, etc. Some private schools do, too. Really, there isn't an "easy" school to get into. If your stats are borderline, some of the newer schools in precandidate or candidate status have lower mean GPAs due to, mostly, lack of nat'l exposure and it makes some people nervous to not be "accredited" even though grads typically sit for exams. For instance, in my state, the expected average GPA on PharmCAS for WVU is 3.6 (actual was 3.75 this year) while the new private school down in Charleston is 3.4.....which is still pretty selective, anyway.

i heard Albany was easy. you should apply there.

I remember someone saying UCSF was easy... :rolleyes:

Thank You all for ur quick responses... yah that's what i thought taht newer schools are a little easy goin..

U of Incarnate Word in San Antonio, TX. It's a new school and when I took my PCAT (this past June in SA) test takers currently enrolled at UIW (as undergrads) said that they knew several people with scores as low as 40 who were admitted.

U of Incarnate Word in San Antonio, TX. It's a new school and when I took my PCAT (this past June in SA) test takers currently enrolled at UIW (as undergrads) said that they knew several people with scores as low as 40 who were admitted.

I'm thinking about applying since I'm in Texas. Do you have to be Catholic to get in?

"I'm thinking about applying since I'm in Texas. Do you have to be Catholic to get in?"

No, you don't have to be. :) I am, though -non-practicing. It's my fallback school. In Texas, I'm only applying to UIW and UT.

My wife told me she couldn't stand living anywhere in Texas but SA or Austin.

i heard Albany was easy. you should apply there.
I don't suggest applying to Albany though. All they want is MONEY MONEY MONEY. They don't require anything except GPA, not even interviews, but they require a $100 application fee. I heard people with a GPA of 3.7 got rejected.

"I'm thinking about applying since I'm in Texas. Do you have to be Catholic to get in?"

No, you don't have to be. :) I am, though -non-practicing. It's my fallback school. In Texas, I'm only applying to UIW and UT.

My wife told me she couldn't stand living anywhere in Texas but SA or Austin.

Good luck getting into UT. I'm going to apply, but I don't think I have much of a chance.

Pls Can Someone Tell Me From Experience Which Pharmacy Schools Are Easier To Get In Compared To Others!!! I HEARD SHENANDOAH IS PRETTY EASY ANY MORE SUGGESTIONS...

Hopefully none of them are so easy as to let someone in with such poor grammar. Oh, and good luck passing the boards if you go to a crappy school that takes any joker off the street. They don't refund your money when you can't get licensed.

Hey, who are you to say that my grammar is not proper. Mind your own business!!! there's no need of your useless and nonsense comments. I havent asked anyone to comment on my GRAMMAR, if you read carefully I have asked for suggestions on schools that are easier to get into. I am not here to write formal, everyone on sdn uses casual language...unlike some weirdos/psychos who object to this

Hopefully none of them are so easy as to let someone in with such poor grammar. Oh, and good luck passing the boards if you go to a crappy school that takes any joker off the street. They don't refund your money when you can't get licensed.

Perhaps you should parse your own sentences.