Easy Sub-internships at OUCOM/Doctors Hospital in Columbus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WDC20009

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need an easy Sub-Internship (Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, ENT, Pediatrics, or Emergency Medicine) at OUCOM/Doctors Hospital from Sept 15-Oct 10 2014. I'm looking for easy hours so I can get time off to visit nearby audition sites. Which of the 4 Sub-I above should I apply for? My school approved all disciplines above as Sub-Internship. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

What is a sub internship and an internship? Are these not residencies?

I need an easy Sub-Internship (Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, ENT, Pediatrics, or Emergency Medicine) at OUCOM/Doctors Hospital from Sept 15-Oct 10 2014. I'm looking for easy hours so I can get time off to visit nearby audition sites. Which of the 4 Sub-I above should I apply for? My school approved all disciplines above as Sub-Internship. Thank you!
You may want to post this on the med student section, as you won't get any meaningful responses here.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is a sub internship and an internship? Are these not residencies?

A sub-internship is typically a rotation in 4th year of med school. An internship is the 1st year of residency (aka PGY-1, post graduate year 1). A sub-I, usually lasting a month or so, gives a med student a chance to "act" as an intern.

A sub-internship is typically a rotation in 4th year of med school. An internship is the 1st year of residency (aka PGY-1, post graduate year 1). A sub-I, usually lasting a month or so, gives a med student a chance to "act" as an intern.
I always thought a sub-i was a rotation in a subspecialty of medicine i.e infectious diseases. So, when people get into a sub-i is it understood that they will bear more responsibility and the such?

Status
Not open for further replies.