Easy to get in Pharmacy Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDster

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What schools are easy to get in the East Coast...? Virginia? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

PharmDster said:
What schools are easy to get in the East Coast...? Virginia? :confused:

None of them are easy. To make it easier, get your undergrad degree first, make sure you have at least a 3.5 GPA and ace the PCAT. Also, get some pharmacy experience and participate in extra-curricular activities.

dgroulx said:
None of them are easy. To make it easier, get your undergrad degree first, make sure you have at least a 3.5 GPA and ace the PCAT. Also, get some pharmacy experience and participate in extra-curricular activities.
good one.....

also on those extra curriculars... make sure you are a leader in them and that they show a little bit of diversity as well...

Members don't see this ad :)
there are many easy schools to get into, I don't know what the above two posters are talking about. Try Sanford University or the University of Florida, or the University of California SF...I am sure they will take you at the bare minimum standards. :D

Caverject said:
there are many easy schools to get into, I don't know what the above two posters are talking about. Try Sanford University or the University of Florida, or the University of California SF...I am sure they will take you at the bare minimum standards. :D

USN too! how about other cali schools!!

On a serious note - try and find applicant to acceptance ratios (call the schools, the old one's on AACP are out of date)

Caverject said:

Great advice. Yes, those California schools are known for their lax admission standards. :laugh:

Caverject said:
saMford ;)

and it was obviously easy when i got in....

Please apply to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. They're so desperate for people, even I got in. ;)

The only schools that approach 'easy to get into' are the ones that haven't been accredited yet or are in risk of losing it.

My school isn't seen as 'top teir' being that we only get around 400 apps a year for 80 spots, but our standards are still high (3.66 mean GPA/76% PCAT average). Interestingly, that is a higher mean GPA than the class admitted to WVU's medical school.

Nothing is esay to get into, but there are ones that are less difficult to get into. In Virginia MCV is probably the hardest to get into. Hampton and Shanendoah are probably tied (one might be more difficult, I really dont know too much about these 2 schools). University of Appalacia is most likely the easiest because it is just starting its Pharmacy School and is not accredited yet.