Ebay?????????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDAD

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do people get away with selling copies of their old AAMC MCAT tests on ebay? Many are just emailing the PDF files with the solutions in PDF from from Princeton Review.

Does the AAMC not care about this disregard and copyright violation?

If so, it seems like it is an easy way to make some cash. Are people getting in trouble for this?

Members don't see this ad.

jarrod_dale said:
How do people get away with selling copies of their old AAMC MCAT tests on ebay? Many are just emailing the PDF files with the solutions in PDF from from Princeton Review.

Does the AAMC not care about this disregard and copyright violation?

If so, it seems like it is an easy way to make some cash. Are people getting in trouble for this?

Ugh. I bought $50 copies of the MCAT (I believe that's the price) from a guy who just printed out his online subscription. He didn't really include good answers, and since I knew him since way back, I didn't want to bug him. I ended up buying the online subscription anyways.

You mean, they're photocopying the thing and selling it multiple times?

I figure you can sell the originals, but not photocopies. After all, we can sell our textbooks, etc. without penalty, so long as they're not copied.

Members don't see this ad :)
Heh. When I first saw this thread, I thought that people were selling their acceptances or something.

yea, i dont know how its done. i know a test prep class that copies the aamc tests and gives it to the students to take. :confused:

UseUrHeadFred said:
You mean, they're photocopying the thing and selling it multiple times?

I figure you can sell the originals, but not photocopies. After all, we can sell our textbooks, etc. without penalty, so long as they're not copied.

These people are just printing out multiple copies and selling them. I know because I have seen the same tests offered by the same seller multiple times. Many are even selling the pdf files over and over. It involves no overhead as the sell as you just have to email once the buyer gives you the money.

Wait, someone is doing something illegal over the internet? How can that be???

Come on people, I doubt the AAMC is going to spend their time busting some guy who is selling copies of their tests when people are probably copying their tests in copy stores all over the place. AAMC makes so much money collecting data electronically and sending it to different schools, they aren't gonna sit there on eBay and other services looking for people pirating their tests.

well they could be making a lot more money. much more money. which is why i think they do this practice test stuff anyway.

I noticed this, in fact I bid on some aamc exams till I figured out they were just PDF's some jack ass was selling over and over. I won the auction but refused to pay and threatened to report him, bastard still gave me a negative review.

I am going to be selling THE REAL paper AAMC tests on ebay probably around the time everyone gets their score back. Not interested in profit, just need to get rid of them before I move before med-school.