Position Wanted Ecfmg certified img looking for pgy1 positions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychdoc222

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I did not match or soap. Actively looking for PGY1 Prelim/ categorical positions. Requires acceptance of Ecfmg J1 visa.

Members don't see this ad.

Looking for possible PGY1 openings. I'm a visa requiring IMG with subpar scores- 194 on step 1 and 217 on step 2ck and a pass in CS. I've had no attempts and plans to complete my step 3 before July 2018. I was very naive and made a huge mistake of taking steps back to back( with 15 and 10 day dedicated study periods) without adequate prep sticking to methods of learning in my home country. I understand this is major irresponsiblity on my side and I'm now making required changes to my preparation style and improving my test taking skills to reach a target score for step 3. I'm ECFMG certified and require a clinical J1 visa acceptance. I've been working for the past year as a postdoc in Psychiatry and is very passionate about pursuing psych residency training. If there are open transitional/preliminary, psychiatry or neurology ( which I believe I can follow up with neuropsychiatry training)openings available, I would be obliged to be considered. I understand that my scores are inadequate and may not often fulfill screening criteria for most programs but if I'm given an opportunity to interview, I strongly believe I can prove my aptitude, interest and capability.
Thank you for your time.
I do realize that there is not a high chance programs are going to look at sdn posts to select candidates, however I'm leaving this post here for making sure I'm doing everything I possibly can to try for a PGY1 position.Thanks again.