1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Position Wanted Ecfmg certified img looking for pgy1 positions

Discussion in 'Internship, Residency and Fellowship Positions' started by psychdoc222, Mar 16, 2018.

1. psychdoc222

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi I did not match or soap. Actively looking for PGY1 Prelim/ categorical positions. Requires acceptance of Ecfmg J1 visa.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. psychdoc222

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Looking for possible PGY1 openings. I'm a visa requiring IMG with subpar scores- 194 on step 1 and 217 on step 2ck and a pass in CS. I've had no attempts and plans to complete my step 3 before July 2018. I was very naive and made a huge mistake of taking steps back to back( with 15 and 10 day dedicated study periods) without adequate prep sticking to methods of learning in my home country. I understand this is major irresponsiblity on my side and I'm now making required changes to my preparation style and improving my test taking skills to reach a target score for step 3. I'm ECFMG certified and require a clinical J1 visa acceptance. I've been working for the past year as a postdoc in Psychiatry and is very passionate about pursuing psych residency training. If there are open transitional/preliminary, psychiatry or neurology ( which I believe I can follow up with neuropsychiatry training)openings available, I would be obliged to be considered. I understand that my scores are inadequate and may not often fulfill screening criteria for most programs but if I'm given an opportunity to interview, I strongly believe I can prove my aptitude, interest and capability.
    Thank you for your time.
    I do realize that there is not a high chance programs are going to look at sdn posts to select candidates, however I'm leaving this post here for making sure I'm doing everything I possibly can to try for a PGY1 position.Thanks again.