Ecology succckkkssss

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brown429

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Worst undergrad class yet...idk if I was not into how seaweed competes with each other for space or the professor. Worst requirement for bio yet. Did not realize ecology would be "difficult"...:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Members don't see this ad.

This class put me to sleep! It wasnt a requirement for my bio degree but I took it anyway without knowing what I was in store for. What a mistake. . .the most boring class of my undergrad years.

Thankfully I didn't have to take it because my school has three kinds of Bio degrees: Biology (general), Biology (Pre-health care), and Biology (Ecology concentration)....ecology is only required for BIO/ecology and BIO/general degrees.
:D

Members don't see this ad :)
I have to take a vertebrate field class for my degree... guess where I will be over New Years?? 2 weeks in the freezing cold desert trapping mice with 14 of my equally miserable classmates....

yeah, if I had a CMB major at my school I'd have taken it no question, alas, I had to take vertibrate zoology. ok class, but the lab basically involved examining a bunch of stuffed rodents and learning thier latin names... for example, what the hell is the difference between a meadow vole and a prarie vole... hell, I dont even know the difference between a meadow and a prarie..

the second half of the lab involved riding around in a school van going "look! a wild turkey!, Look a deer!"

oh the plus side, I did take tropical bio that semester for fun and got to go to Belize for spring break.

I have to take a vertebrate field class for my degree... guess where I will be over New Years?? 2 weeks in the freezing cold desert trapping mice with 14 of my equally miserable classmates....

lmao

mann what the heck are they doing to you guys....thats some sick stuff...

Pretty intense course....

I just hated some of the material...it was soo hard to sit down and memorize stuff that I found to be sooo borrinng. Some of the material was cool, but it was torture getting through the class. BUT its over! it may be my lowest science grade yet...damn shame...

I enjoyed the class, as I had once been very involved and interested in it before college. But, it was the only C+ I've gotten in college, so it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. :smuggrin:

I enjoyed the class, as I had once been very involved and interested in it before college. But, it was the only C+ I've gotten in college, so it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. :smuggrin:

i did worse than you. i got a C in ecology. they even had differential equations in ecology.

Aww. I loved Ecology:) I guess it may depend on your professor. Mine was one of the best professors I've had just because he's ridiculously cool. He's one of those guys who leads teams into the deep forests of the amazon or Borneo to find new species. So, his stories kept us awake in class:thumbup: