Ecs relating to controversy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Endoxifen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the general consensus on getting involved in controversial activities? Would getting involved in something like, for example, physician assisted suicide risk alienating adcoms or are they just looking for passion? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you could if you handled it gracefully and with an open mind on your applications and interviews. We're not all supposed to just be clones parroting what we think adcoms want to hear. If you aren't doing anything illegal and can have an intelligent and rational discussion on your beliefs and are receptive to criticism I think you could pull it off.

Of course, you'd have to say what the issue actually is for us to be sure

Members don't see this ad :)
I was asked about physician assisted suicide in one of my interviews.... You just need to be able to talk about it in an educated/informative way.

What would your role in this be? A study? Standing outside state government with a picket? Low-key assisting a doctor that is performing these euthanasias?

What would your role in this be? A study? Standing outside state government with a picket? Low-key assisting a doctor that is performing these euthanasias?
Nothing so intense. I am thinking about volunteering for an activist non-for-profit. I don't know what they'd have me do, but I'm interested in the cause.