ECs??????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tau1865

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, so im wondering what other ec's i should have to look good to the adcoms.
I have about 300-400 hours shadowing(office and surgeries) a general surgeon and OBGYN
Worked at a health clinic all summer
Am a senator for my schools ACS chapter
Volunteered at local inner city schools teaching chemistry
Held high office in my fraternity

what else do I need?

Members don't see this ad.

ok, so im wondering what other ec's i should have to look good to the adcoms.
I have about 300-400 hours shadowing(office and surgeries) a general surgeon and OBGYN
Worked at a health clinic all summer
Am a senator for my schools ACS chapter
Volunteered at local inner city schools teaching chemistry
Held high office in my fraternity

what else do I need?

Something that interests you?

obviously. as far as..more volunteer work...more shadowing...more this more that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do something that interests you so you can be uber passionate about it in the interview. Does that help?

Not everything you do has to be about getting into medical school. Just enjoy college.

Also, as this relates to what you can do to improve your chances, I'm moving it to the What Are My Chances? forum.

The shadowing is more than enough, but if your only face-to-face experience with sick people is one summer, you need to add to this either via employment or a volunteer situation. If not volunteer, be sure you continue some form of community service also. A research experience is also desirable.

I've been having patient to patiend contact this summer and last. Both through work and shadowing.
I guess i do see what you are talking about with doing something i enjoy part.
I also plan on doing research my senior year(my school requires it)