EC's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrWhoMakesAdiff

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm only in my freshman year of undergrad right now but I have the opportunity to try and get a position on my sorority. My sorority is community service based. I have the opportunity to try and get Community Service Head [my top choice], Treasurer, or Secretary. Which one out of Treasurer and Secretary would look the best for med school?

Members don't see this ad.

What looks best for med school is someone who can make their own decisions based on their own interests and not what will look best for med school, IMO. Whichever one has more responsibility and chances to do stuff will be better.

yeah I agree.. the community service head is my dream position so I'm trying my hardest to get that. But I think I'm going to go for Treasurer. It's more interesting and has more responsibilities. Thanks.

yeah I agree.. the community service head is my dream position so I'm trying my hardest to get that. But I think I'm going to go for Treasurer. It's more interesting and has more responsibilities. Thanks.
It requires great responsibility and trust, but won't necessarily be a leadership position if you are not organizing/managing/coordinating/etc other people.