Edition To Use For Biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheMotivator

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

For the Biology section, cliffs ap biology is a great resource. Should I get the 3rd edition or the 4th edition? Also, CD or Without CD?

I will also be using:

Ferrali's notes/Bio Destroyer & DAT QVault for bio, so I'm not sure if the CD will benefit me or not?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

For the Biology section, cliffs ap biology is a great resource. Should I get the 3rd edition or the 4th edition? Also, CD or Without CD?

I will also be using:

Ferrali's notes/Bio Destroyer & DAT QVault for bio, so I'm not sure if the CD will benefit me or not?

Thanks!

The 3rd edition contains sections on plant anatomy/ecology that are not in the 4th edition, or so I have heard. The paperback version comes without a CD but is only like $1.00 (that's how much I bought it for on eBay). Never seen or heard about the CD before. I went with the 3rd edition and it was pretty good.

Ferrali's notes are a good resource for Bio too.

I believe majority of the students have been fine with the 3rd edition. I think the CD rom comes with extra practice tests.

Anyone used the CD rom?

I used the 3rd edition w/o CD and got a 21 in Bio this week. I used Cliffs with Ferallis' notes.

Members don't see this ad :)
The CD rom that comes with Cliff Notes has 4 extra practice tests, each has 100 questions. That's a total of 400 extra questions.

I will already be using Bio Destroyer which has about 400 Bio questions, DATQVault for bio, which has about 400 Bio questions. Not sure if I should add the CD too or not? I'm pretty weak in Biology. Also, I'm going to get rid of Kaplan, although I still have my subscription with them expiring next month, they have a ton of Biology questions too.

Not sure about the CD, take it or forget it?

Get the 3rd without CD. No real need for the CD to be honest. Also don't get the 4th because apparently some of the sections have been removed (plants maybe?) to match the new changes made to the AP exam.

Oh also, if you are planning on getting DAT Bootcamp or qVault plus some practice tests, you will have so much study material for the Bio that you won't need the extra number of questions. I didn't do any of the Cliffs tests (only the end of chapter questions). But again, this depends on your Bio background so if you feel like you need the extra practice and are on limited finances, it could benefit you to use the extra questions and get one other bio program to supplement with more.

Get the 3rd without CD. No real need for the CD to be honest. Also don't get the 4th because apparently some of the sections have been removed (plants maybe?) to match the new changes made to the AP exam.

Oh also, if you are planning on getting DAT Bootcamp or qVault plus some practice tests, you will have so much study material for the Bio that you won't need the extra number of questions. I didn't do any of the Cliffs tests (only the end of chapter questions). But again, this depends on your Bio background so if you feel like you need the extra practice and are on limited finances, it could benefit you to use the extra questions and get one other bio program to supplement with more.

Hey, Yes, I will have about 1000 questions from Cliff Notes/Destroyer/DATQVault... That excludes Datbootcamp & the other practice exams. I guess that enough, the Cd will be pointless as it is geared more for the Ap biology exam.

Hey, Yes, I will have about 1000 questions from Cliff Notes/Destroyer/DATQVault... That excludes Datbootcamp & the other practice exams. I guess that enough, the Cd will be pointless as it is geared more for the Ap biology exam.

Yup! You will have plenty of material. Good luck!