EDP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

urasia

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know many people apply from the EDP program each year, and what are their chances of getting into their top choice?

:)

Members don't see this ad.

NEVER APPLY EDP ANYWHERE.

-the voice of experience.

cornell has accepted 1 person in the last 4 years EDP.

he's right...it depends on the school. I applied EDP and did fine. Make sure you're pretty damn qualified, and do your homework on the shool.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm EDP and I'm in. So, don't apply EDP to Cornell!

haha, i must be sleep-deprived when i posted my original question, all those typos.

thanks for the replies. for those of you who got in through EDP, do you mind sharing which schools you applied to and what sort of stats and EC you have.

It's tough. Cornell's dean of admissions came to speak at my school yesterday. He said that this year, they only interviewed two people and admitted one.

REALLY?!?!?

then i guess i was the one that was interviewed that didn't get in.

weird.
dammit.

-choker

Yeah, actually when he said that, I was like, "That must have been choker." Don't be sad though. You were one of the two who made it to the interview out of all the exceptionally qualified people.

I applied EDP to my state school and they usually take over 30. This year they took almost 40 students EDP. All state residents mind you.

All schools are different. It sounds like you should NOT apply to Cornell early.

later

I talked to the dean of admissions at a state school last summer, and she told us that they had had 25 EDP applicants in 2000. Someone asked her how many of them got accepted, and she answered "One".

That got a pretty big laugh! I don't have the states to apply EDP anywhere, but I could see some other people in the room looking REALLY scared...