Edp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notaroche

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How early is it appropriate to contact schools about their EDP programs? From what I understand they are good at giving you a realistic assessment of one's chances. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

How early is it appropriate to contact schools about their EDP programs? From what I understand they are good at giving you a realistic assessment of one's chances. Any advice?

I'd say call them right now. AMCAS's are up and will be ripe for submitting in just four weeks. They'll need to let you know before then so you can have a decent idea of whether you want to apply to multiple schools (in which an early app is extremely important) or just to their school (in which being early doesn't matter as much).

Start right now. Consider whether you really want edp though. At top schools the chances of an edp acceptance are very low compared to lower schools. If you get rejected EDP, it puts you at a HUGE disadvantage versus other applicants since you will be receuving secondaries to other schools between 2 and 4 months later than most applicants.

I wanted to apply edp, but was discouraged for the above reason. Still got into that same school through the normal process, although it was more stressful.

Was it MiesVanDerMom who applied edp to her local state school?

As soon as I get my MCAT scores I will give them a call. I'm not shooting for top schools at all, I just want to ease this process. I'm in Philadelphia, and looking to stay in the area. I'm thinking about EDP with Drexel or Temple. Hoping for a 29-30 on the MCAT and I have about a 3.7, average EC's but a year a research.