Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

EDP

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by scully, May 9, 2000.

1. scully

scully Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Does anyone have any knowledge about or experience with EDP? I have one school which I really want to attend. My stats are not outstanding, but a bit higher than that school's average. Any advice?

2. Pebbles

Pebbles Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

scully

I am assuming you are talking about early decision, right? Well, this IS the avenue I plan to go.

One of my friends last year applied as ED and found out that (at this particular school) your GPA had to be competitive and the MCAT had to be ABOVE a 30. Her Mcat was a 29 but she still was accepted in Oct. So she had almost a full year of relaxation knowing she was accepted.

If your stats are above the average of the school you want to attended, apply ED. Plus, check out their policy, after the first selection I believe you are then free to apply to other schools...But you will not have to worry about that because you'll be at the poolside sipp'in a margarita already accepted into medical school.

Above average stats + determination + good MCAT + EDP = early acceptance. Good luck.
    (sorry about the spelling.)

[This message has been edited by Pebbles (edited 05-10-2000).]

3. ls

ls Junior Member

Make sure when you write your personal statement to specify that you would like to be "accepted" early decision, not "excepted"

4. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

LOL!!!!!

5. scully

scully Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

6. Pebbles

Pebbles Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Scully

I would call the school you are interested in and ask them about their ED plan. I don't know for sure but, most likely different school have slightly different regulations on EDP. Call them, it is better to be safe and know the regulation straight up. Best of luck to ya.