Edsp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BobbyDylanFan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I know this has probably been posted before, but I couldn't find a subject devoted to it after I did a search. Forgive me if you all have beaten this question to death before. I was wondering what are the advantages, if any, to applying to the EDP of a school, besides that you are guarenteed to know by Oct 1 whether you are in or not. Do the candidates who are applying this way, have to be in general, better than the average acceptance. Thanks for your thoughts guys and gals...any info is most appreciated. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

At my school the language was something like "Highly competetive candidates are encouraged to apply early decision ".
For me it was a fairly simple choice because I wanted to stay in Cincinnati. The main drawback is that you can't apply to any other school until 10/1 so if you aren't accepted where you EDP then you will be "late" getting your apps to other schools. I don't think I would do it unless I was fairly certain that I would be accepted
(ie: a really strong app). The really nice thing is that it keeps costs down---I spent $230.00--- and you don't have to go through all that waiting and interviewing crap. You don't have to interview all over the country and miss a bunch of classes which can cause your grades to drop. I interviewed on 9/10 and was accepted 2 weeks later. I like immediate gratification, hehe. Another down side is that you basically are doing the interview cold so you should be real sure that you can handle the pressure of the interview and be well prepared. I have heard alot of other students say that they didn't do well their 1st interview but with practice they got really good, so you don't want to blow the interview at your first choice school.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!