Education in France..?? (pour non europenne doctors)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drObiOneKenobi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.. i hope anyone might help me.. I'm an equatorian medical doctor.. (southamerica) i graduated 1 year ago and after i did 1 year of rural ground work at an familier hospital to obtain my medical license.. i and 2 friends want to continue our studies and apply for a residency in france.. I on plastic surgery and my friends on dermatology and pediatric surgery.. we want to know which and where are the best hospital for those specializations.. regardless in what part of france they are.. i have heard they are almost the same but as an example the Jackson memorial in th states is almost the 1st or 2nd hospital in traumatology..(I'm not really sure) we want to know wich are and where are the best hospitals in each field.. and how do Non-eu medical doctors should apply..? :confused: we have spoken with the embassy here and we study à L'alliance française.. so we talk french, english and spanish.. :) but here they doesn't know that information cause they don't work in the medical area.. also, what kind of visa is adviced to take for the non-EU postgraduated student? do you know what documents do we have to take there with us..? :confused: do we have to take any dalf or delf test..? :confused: is there any convalidation test..? :confused: when in the year is this test taken..??:confused: and is it of multiple choices or not..? :confused: are there any recommended books for the test..? :confused: do they give a Question book..? or wich Q-book or standard book can we buy?? do they pay at the residency programs..?? if they not how we can finance our expenses?? we will really thank any help you could bring us..

Members don't see this ad.

Here's a good post with info about residency training in France. IIRC, you cannot practice there if you are not an EU citizen (post-residency). You can do a residency though.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you manage to do yopur residency in france you ll be more than welcon to stay end practice in france.
France has a huge lack of doctors. you don t have to be an eu citizen. Still you have to retake the first yar of med school and then take the ECN and rank high enough to be able to choose your residency
Good luck
But you if you want you cann come and work as a FFI faisant fonction d'in terne you do the work of resident but you don t get the license but it could be a start .
good luck

Well, if working as an MD in france didn't work out, are there any alternative ways to use the MD degree?

if you manage to do yopur residency in france you ll be more than welcon to stay end practice in france.
France has a huge lack of doctors. you don t have to be an eu citizen. Still you have to retake the first yar of med school and then take the ECN and rank high enough to be able to choose your residency
Good luck
But you if you want you cann come and work as a FFI faisant fonction d'in terne you do the work of resident but you don t get the license but it could be a start .
good luck

How do you go about working as an FFI? Is it the same process?