Educational program during gap year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kj8210

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys whats the name of the program where you go to the university that the medical school is affiliated with and study there for a year and then a seat is reserved for you in the upcoming class at the medical school? I know a few schools have it and I was wondering how I would go about applying for it! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys whats the name of the program where you go to the university that the medical school is affiliated with and study there for a year and then a seat is reserved for you in the upcoming class at the medical school? I know a few schools have it and I was wondering how I would go about applying for it! Thanks!

SMP. Special Masters Program. Be sure to check out Georgetown's SMP. There are ones with linkage (guaranteed/conditional spot in next year's class while some are just masters programs that allow you to apply elsewhere with an improved GPA..for examples Case Western's program does this.