EdVia COM, 1st year good/bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NotShorty

~Mr. Bright Side~
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings M1's!

What are some of the advantages/drawbacks of going to a brand new school? As an applicant to EdVia COM and the new LECOM Florida branch, this is of particular interest to me.

On one hand, there will inevitably be some kinks to iron out, which may be a significant detriment to one's education.

However, as is the case with my current (brand new) o.chem teacher, the grading scale tends to be verrry generous, while not hurting your education too much. (my midterm grade is a 91% with a class average 68%) friggin sweet.

Thanks for all input
-NS

[posted in Pre-Osteo and Osteo]

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by NotShorty
What are some of the advantages/drawbacks of going to a brand new school? ...
[posted in Pre-Osteo and Osteo]
NS,

The advantages are many :)
  1. Fac/Staff are being extremely flexible to make things happen, and
  2. There are no defined ways/solutions to problems, and
  3. Everything is new.
    [/list=1]
    The disadvantages are few :(
    • There are no defined ways to approach tasks, and
    • Everything is new.
      [/list=2]
      As you can see the advantages are greater than the disadvantages ;-)

Plus, we just completed student officer elections and expect things to go into overdrive next block. It's pretty awesome that everything is relatively flexible! Of course, we're slugging thru finals right now :eek:

As far as LECOM's branch campus in FL goes I can tell you that the Anatomy Department (including embryo) will be fairly well up and running as soon as the school opens. The professor heading it up is coming down from Erie where he's been for ~10 years. He has a very student friendly philosophy towards anatomy. Best of luck.