Edward Via VCOM interview- anyone else?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H0mersimps0n

HMO CRUSHER
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
received the call, sent the secondary, approved to interview and found out today, the 21st that I have an interview the 25th. OYE. NY to Blacksburg in 4 days now THATS last minute planning.

Anyone else been there done that? Going to go check interview feedback right now.

I've been to V TECH before and kind of liked the area. The dean described the day to me and it sounds more extensive than any interview I've heard about. OH BOY!

comments, suggestions, etc.? thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

nope, haven't heard a peep out of them since my primary was sent to them. i even called and left a msg 2 weeks ago asking about something.

I have now received two phone calls asking me to fill out the secondary. I am not totally sure that I want to be one of the guinea pigs. Anyway, I think I am going to send it in anyway. It can't hurt I suppose.

Members don't see this ad :)
Homer,

I was also invited to come on the 25th. I turned it down though because I couldn't seriously consider VCOM after being accepted to TUCOM and hopefully UHS. VCOM was my last chance school. I told Dr. Wilcox that I had to regretfully decline the offer. The cost of flying out there at the last minute with little chance of accepting an offer was overwhelming. Besides, my credit card is just about maxed out from all of this stuff anyway. I would have liked to have met you in person though. I say, if you are willing to take the chance on a new and can afford the trip, do it. If I recall, you are already in at LECOM. In my case I wanted to leave the interview spot for someone else who might be more serious since I have offers elsewhere.

Good luck,

WannabeDO

hrmmmm. wonder where that leaves me right now

Well as it turns out I was going to be in Virginia visiting relatives for t-giving. So it kind of worked out. I know exactly where you are coming from in spending the money on unnecessary travel. I see this as a once in a lifetime process and as long as trips aren't too far away and too expensive (since I already have an acceptance) I figure why not since I've already spent the $ on pri's.

Wish we could've met too...

How long was it from the time your file was complet until you received an interview invite?? Just curious.

2.5 seconds... Dr. Wilcox called me the second she received my app I mailed on monday to schedule the date.

seriously though I received a call before I even sent my secondary asking me to send my secondary so that they can schedule my interview. As they have said repeatidly I meet their minumum requirements and they are interested in having me for an interview. Between just you and I (and everyone else) my stats are NOT great at all so I'm thinking my primary essay carried some weight or something. I don't know. I had my primary registered to be sent with AACOMAS before they were being sent at all...

good ole primary application personal statement, best thing I ever wrote and I think it's carrying me all the way home

:)

I was in the same boat as Homer, she called me before I had the secondary in. As soon as my file was complete, she called me back. I was actually in KC for my UHS interview and my mother called me there. (She was at my house babysitting my six year old.) I never thought I'd be turning down interviews :clap: :clap:

WannabeDO

HOmer,

You reminded me of something that made me laugh!! I received my request for a secondary just 12 hours before going into surgery for major ankle reconstruction. I was on drugs, in serious pain and couldn't make heads or tails out of the keyboard but I finished that application in record time and sent it in. My husband's jaw dropped when he read my essay because he said it was the best thing I have ever written. Someone must have agreed because I was offered Early Acceptance at TUCOM. Every time I think about that essay, I laugh, I was SOOOO out of it.

Goodluck on your interview!

Brenda
TUCOM 2007

thanks Brenda, the brain is one heck of an amazing thing isn't it...

There has to be less painful ways to write essays though :laugh:

WannabeDO, I couldn't have said it better myself, never in this lifetime did I imagine I'd be having to freekin choose between acceptances. If only you could've seen me the day I ripped open that LECOM letter and saw that I had my first interview I could barely stand up. I'll never forget that moment.

the downside of that slight lack of confidence is that I'm completely unprepared to decide between any schools, I hadn't really given much thought to this idea. There are A LOT of factors to consider and I admire those of you planning around family's, just trying to keep my girlfriend (applying MD next year) close as possible is daunting enough... <sigh> :(

Homer, they scheduled me for the 27th.

any acceptances to VCOM yet? Never even thought to ask that. Not really sure when they started interviewing though...

This is one of the other reasons that I didn't apply. Dr. Wilcox told my mother that they would be making decisions all at once and she didn't know when. This is of course Heresay, but I didn't know how to take that. I probably would have had to turn down both TUCOM and UHS before knowing whether I was in at VCOM and I wasn't prepared to do that. I'm pretty sure the 25th was to be the first interview group. Dr. Wilcox also told my mother that they were working on a hotel for the candidates to stay at, if they'd already done some interviews, they would probably have this lined up already.

WannabeDO

My uncle went to VA tech and informed me of the on-campus hotel they have (yes, VA tech is awesome), and I called them and their rates were $20 higher than the closest Hampton Inn, PLUS no contenental breakfast! Hampton Inn it is... LOL

mailbox was empty yet again today, losing all hope for PCOM and NOVA (awaiting response from secondary submissions from back in August)...

I'm so frustrated:(:confused:

HELLO EVERYONE, coming at you from the Hampton Inn in Blacksburg.

I visited VA tech campus today just to make sure I could find where I need to be tomorrow and its a good thing I did.

Just a heads up to everyone, the VCOM main building isn't complete. And by incomplete I mean the driveway in front of the building is not paved, no grass, windows missing, etc. I guess I was kind of hoping to view these new facilities to instill some sense of confidence about the school. So much for that.

I will post tomorrow or tues with details if anyone wants? does anyone want to hear about VCOM? if not I won't bother writing so much so let me know...

I would love to hear more details about VCOM

I would like to no more too. :)

OOPS! I've never been a good speller, especially with distractions going on. I meant "know" not "no". :eek:

I drove over to blacksburg yesterday to find where I needed to go to. Homer was right the building lacks completion.
So has anyone heard about the 1000 dollar deposit for holding your spot in class. That seems a little steep. ETSU's is only 100$.