eeek! interview clothing help! urgent!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jentto

6'1 instead of 5'2
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have an interview tomorrow, and i haven't really thought about what i needed until now:

1. i don't have a snazzy messenger bag to put my application, keys, etc etc in, so i was thinking of just bringing a small clutch purse (over the shoulder) and just carrying a legal pad the folder that the school sent to me with information. is that advisable?

2. I also have a brown pantsuit from ann taylor, and the jacket is actually has a zipper. i would think that you need to zip it up, but it looks better (to me) when it isn't because i won't look like a walking brown blob. so zip up or no?

i know i'm being neurotic, but thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

First of all calm down :)
A messenger bag is definately not necessary. Most of the people when I interviewed did not even have one. A purse and a legel pad is perfectly fine. That's what I brought.
As for the pant suit, just wear it however you feel most comfortable in it. If you feel you look better with it unzipped, do that. Being confident in your appearance will help you also be confident in your interviews.
Good luck!

1. yes, that's fine.
2. no, zip. Suits are meant to look sharp and buttoned up (or, in your case, zipped up). Leaving a jacket open is a more casual look that is appropriate only if you're doing a blazer with contrasting pants ... with a suit, you must button (or zip) fully.