eerily quiet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Res-J

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So anyone hear anything from the following schools? Harvard, Penn, Columbia, Stanford? The buzz in the MD threads about acceptances coming out Oct. 15 is making me unecessarily nervous.

Members don't see this ad.

Stanford hasn't had a committee review for MSTP yet (no interviews given out)-I guess i could walk the 2 minutes to the MSTP office to ask when they start inviting interviews if youd like. I know of at least 3 people who have interviews at Harvard (acceptances are given out in Feb i believe). Penn's admissions site stated that committee reviews started Oct 1 (acceptances in March). No clue about columbia.

Good thread. There are at least six schools I am wondering about as well:

University of Connecticut
NYU
University of North Carolina
University of Chicago
Tufts
Penn State

If anyone knows their status, or if they have already begun to send invites could you let me know?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can we add Mount Sinai and UCLA to the list?

Well, here is some information about some of the schools that I was wondering about. I took these dates from a thread last year...they are the first dates that an SDNer got an invite from a given school.

UConn--10/22
NYU--10/24
UNC--1/05
UChicago--12/09
Tufts--10/08
Penn State--9/27

Originally posted by looseygoosey
Penn's admissions site stated that committee reviews started Oct 1 (acceptances in March). No clue about columbia.

Last time I checked the admissions committee hadn't met, missing the Oct 1 promise on their website. This isn't surprising. Last year they set their admissions decision date as March 15th and were two weeks late with their decisions.

The invites should be coming soon though, I'd give it at most another two weeks as the first interview date is 11/20-11/21.

Good luck!

Wierd. They do come in bunches, don't they? I got three invites in three days last week after not hearing a peep from anybody for over a month. Now if I can just get those last pesky few...

Originally posted by coldchemist
Good thread. There are at least six schools I am wondering about as well:

University of Connecticut
NYU
University of North Carolina
University of Chicago
Tufts
Penn State

If anyone knows their status, or if they have already begun to send invites could you let me know?

I received a call from UCONN on Thursday. I am still scrambling to finish the rest.
Good Luck

Yeah, I've received invites from three of those schools. At this point, the only ones nobody has heard from (on my list) are UChicago and UNC.

For those still interested in Pritzker:

I just received an email from them indicating that they are ready to begin the process. Interview invitations should be out fairly soon...