effect of your place of undergrad in admission to a med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MDJatt here

What is the effect of your institute of undergrad. on your admission to a med. school??
Is there any kinda rating which says what univ. undergrad. is considered the best or sum like that???.......... :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

For canadians, I dont think it matters too much. This might be bais, but i know ppl have heard of UofT and regard that in esteem, compared to some small school like York. THis might be because UofT publishes lots of research papers. Schools such as Western, ppl have heard of since lots of students apply to american schools from them (especially schools in Michigan).

If you go to a smaller school, the best advice would be to have a higher MCAT, so you can tell to the adcoms that your high GPA is not beacuse of the thin competition.

MDJatt here said:
What is the effect of your institute of undergrad. on your admission to a med. school??
Is there any kinda rating which says what univ. undergrad. is considered the best or sum like that???.......... :confused:

MDJatt here said:

Reviewed some of your threads, and I noticed you go to MAC. Mac is a great school, and if you look at mdapplicants profiles, there are tons that get in american schools. so you should have no problem.