effects of pat score, applying to schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chibi cute

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your stats are really good. Your PAT is above average. Schools generally consider the AA and TS the most important. Stop stressing and enjoy your summer. Scholarships are hard to get but you are a great candidate

they like to see scores that are evenly spread out. I think you will need to retake it because PAT stands out from other sections. yeah, retake it..

Members don't see this ad :)
they like to see scores that are evenly spread out. I think you will need to retake it because PAT stands out from other sections. yeah, retake it..
I hear about evenly spread out a lot but sometimes it doesn't make sense. So a buncha 19 and 20's is preferred to 21 and 22's in sciences with 18's in two other sections?

I hear about evenly spread out a lot but sometimes it doesn't make sense. So a buncha 19 and 20's is preferred to 21 and 22's in sciences with 18's in two other sections?
He's kidding

Without a 30 PAT you have no chance.

Reactions: 5 users
most schools don't care about PAT past a threshold, like get a certain score and its whatever, I think its the second least looked at section after QR
That's interesting to hear since whenever we talk about the stats for a school, the TS, AA, and PAT are referred to

Ive pretty much only heard of most schools caring about AA and TS, then some schools also care about reading, and an even smaller number care about PAT, i.e. I've heard UOP cares a lot about PAT , but the vast majority don't give it much credence past a threshold like I said before, granted, I could be wrong, Im solely speaking from what I have heard in my time on this site and as a predent and now entering dental student...
did you get interviewed/accepted to a school where one of your scores was lower than their average

There are people who would kill for these scores, lol. Why would you even consider a retake?

You're totally fine. /thread