Jan 3, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
My name is very searchable (not my username here) but my actual name. It's all over my YouTube channel (which gets some decent* traffic) and all over Tumblr (also gets some decent* traffic) along with Instagram. I was just wondering if medical schools really go and search its applicants. I would hate to be declined just because of my social life and videos. It's not like I have naked pictures or me getting sloppy drunk. I do have some content that I personally don't see as horrible- but I see how a very "formal" person could raise an eyebrow.

I know how this posts sound but I do take my academics very seriously. But I also enjoy being liberal on the internet.

I can't find any answers to people in similar situations. I guess not many people are in this situation, lol.

*Decent: ~fairly somewhat popular in that realm.

OP
S
Jan 3, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
That would be make this more awkward than it was typing it. Ha! Med schools might be on the look out. :nailbiting:
How about an example channel, similar to mine?

Fedxup

5+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I would assume adcoms don't have time to watch all your youtube videos unless they are funny haha
I would just try to search your name and see what comes up. I would take down anything that might potentially effect you. Singing/covers can be good as they show your hobby and such

I have the same name as a famous person so it covers up all my content lol