Egyptian Med Graduate Seeking a Participation in Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FireMan930

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a recent med school graduate from Egypt.
Currently, I'm a house officer.
I've read most of the Q&A threads on this forum & the Physician Scientist Forum, but I still can't find a path for someone in my situation to enroll in any form of research (clinical trial or anything else), couldn't even find the means to contact Doctors who are interested in so.

Any means for help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
I may be able to provide some advice on seeking research publications.
A bit about me: I graduated from a master's program in America and have worked in multiple research/clinical lab and am in the process of publishing research papers. However, these papers take a long time to do as they require a lot of investigative and statistical analysis work.
On the side, I am writing a textbook or review book for the MCAT (a medical admissions test) and have over 60 students from around the world working on it. (bit.ly/mcatbook) The book is a comprehensive collection of facts/mnemonics for the MCAT, authored by students, and reviewed by top faculty around the world. We hope to get it published by Dec 3 but still have a lot of work left to do. I hope this will help me get even more opportunities in the future.
Now your question about seeking research depends on many factors like your interests, location, past publications, past research experiences and more. Feel free to private message or direct message me so that I may advise better. In general, you pick an university near your area, find a professor, and email him/her. Now there is a strategy to this depending on the person, specialty, available positions, and website information which I can definitely explain further. In general, you would research up a professor you like on Pubmed, find an article they recently written and include a question about it in your email to the professor. You would then continue to email other professors until one takes an interest to you.
If you'd prefer, we can also have a virtual call were I can explain everything you have questions about for academic research and publishing. Please let me know if you have found this helpful or if you have any further questions. Thanks!

Hi!
I may be able to provide some advice on seeking research publications.
A bit about me: I graduated from a master's program in America and have worked in multiple research/clinical lab and am in the process of publishing research papers. However, these papers take a long time to do as they require a lot of investigative and statistical analysis work.
On the side, I am writing a textbook or review book for the MCAT (a medical admissions test) and have over 60 students from around the world working on it. (bit.ly/mcatbook) The book is a comprehensive collection of facts/mnemonics for the MCAT, authored by students, and reviewed by top faculty around the world. We hope to get it published by Dec 3 but still have a lot of work left to do. I hope this will help me get even more opportunities in the future.
Now your question about seeking research depends on many factors like your interests, location, past publications, past research experiences and more. Feel free to private message or direct message me so that I may advise better. In general, you pick an university near your area, find a professor, and email him/her. Now there is a strategy to this depending on the person, specialty, available positions, and website information which I can definitely explain further. In general, you would research up a professor you like on Pubmed, find an article they recently written and include a question about it in your email to the professor. You would then continue to email other professors until one takes an interest to you.
If you'd prefer, we can also have a virtual call were I can explain everything you have questions about for academic research and publishing. Please let me know if you have found this helpful or if you have any further questions. Thanks!

Thank you so much for your reply. I'll be sure to communicate with you via messages right now.