ehhh!! Why is SDN so addicting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDstudent101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to start a thread on why SDN was/is so addicting.....

For me I guess b/c I feel right at home with you guy's lol......:oops:

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know why it is but its turned me into a neurotic mess.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hahaha it happen's to the best of us lol...:rolleyes:

I feel your pain! I squandered my precious time last week on this website and as a result, I'm left scrambling to write a paper and study for three midterms in the next two days!! And what am I doing about this work overload?? Writing a few pages? Cracking open a book or two? Nope! Posting about it on SDN!!! ARGH! My signature has never been more true than at this moment.

Particularly when you FIRST find it. I can't even remember how I got here, but I stumbled across it. I think I was googling (wow, what a word) for mcat/gpa stats for schools and found SDN. I wish I could quit you, SDN!:)

its because the concept of getting into medschool is always on our minds.... and that wont be appeased till we hear goodnews. its addicting because its not harmful.... if we kept calling all the adcomm's about our status(es) then that would be addiction that is harmful. SDN is an outlet for our flustered frustrated impatient minds.

O man... ever since the beginning of this month, I feel the need to check this website every 20 min that I'm sitting at my computer.
HELP ME.

Sometimes though, these forums make me depressed with those people who get a million interviews....

its because the concept of getting into medschool is always on our minds.... and that wont be appeased till we hear goodnews. its addicting because its not harmful.... if we kept calling all the adcomm's about our status(es) then that would be addiction that is harmful. SDN is an outlet for our flustered frustrated impatient minds.

This is definately true......:)

Just wanted to start a thread on why SDN was/is so addicting.....

For me I guess b/c I feel right at home with you guy's lol......:oops:

Easy, becasue Denmarkdoctor is a member!

I only wish SDN had an 'Off-topic'/'Social discussion' section, the Doctor's Lounge is full of spam. I guess I don't find this forum as addictive as some, lack of IRC channel perhaps?

It always cracks me up to see a thread where someone with less than 100 posts complains about how addicting SDN is... Just wait!

Members don't see this ad :)
It always cracks me up to see a thread where someone with less than 100 posts complains about how addicting SDN is... Just wait!

i think once i get into medschool....the addiction will stop (wow its like women saying they'll quit smoking for good once they have kids).

Looks like the post-****** have taken over yet another thread to shamelessly promote their counts. ;)

I joined as a sophomore because I was already tired of school. Grace help me, I'm a junior now. SDN is my main outlet for a chronic case of senioritis.

you think this site's addicting... I had nearly 1000 posts this summer on BigSoccer.com during the world cup...

then again I spent the summer in a lab getting paid to sit and wait for antibodies to react to mouse embryo tissue.

Looks like the post-****** have taken over yet another thread to shamelessly promote their counts. ;)

wait why are people proud of posting more and more? i would think it would make one look like a nerd/freak. i have a pretty high post rate and am not a nerd/freak, but i would start feeling wierd if i hit higher post counts.

Geeeeeee ..... thanks ......

haha im sorry, didnt mean it so negatively. its just that, well, im pretty absorbed by this site in the time being.... and its been a few months. now to have post counts like that, wow, must be years.... i dont know, guess im new to the blog world. i meant in no way to offend. sorry.

haha im sorry, didnt mean it so negatively. its just that, well, im pretty absorbed by this site in the time being.... and its been a few months. now to have post counts like that, wow, must be years.... i dont know, guess im new to the blog world. i meant in no way to offend. sorry.
nope not years - joined in February! :laugh:

But you're actually pretty right about me. I am a freak. ;)

I miss your polls!

Wasn't there a point at which you were posting one every day?

I was, I was :^) Figured it was time to pass the torch, though. :) We have TexasFool for random polls now! (though he seems to have stopped too...haha)

I only wish SDN had an 'Off-topic'/'Social discussion' section, the Doctor's Lounge is full of spam. I guess I don't find this forum as addictive as some, lack of IRC channel perhaps?

I'm not sure what you're talking about... the Lounge isn't full of spam.

:confused: :confused:

^ Compared to pre-allo, I would rank a lot of what passes for discussion in the DL as spam... :laugh:

I haven't been to 4chan in a while. How's the /s/ section holding up?

Particularly when you FIRST find it. I can't even remember how I got here, but I stumbled across it. I think I was googling (wow, what a word) for mcat/gpa stats for schools and found SDN. I wish I could quit you, SDN!:)

Can you believe that in 1999, this was not part of common lingo??? we are living in a new and exciting age