Eight semester hours (12 quarter hours) of General Biology or Zoology with laboratory.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

O Gaúcho

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What exactly does this mean? What is considered general biology?
  • Eight semester hours (12 quarter hours) of General Biology or Zoology with laboratory.
I have taken bio for majors which is 3 credits then molecular biology 4 credits, Microbiology 4 credits, Human Physiology 4 credits and plan on taking human anatomy 3 credits. I have also taken Oceanography 200 if that counts at all toward anything lol. Do these courses count towards "general biology" and not just recommended courses or other prereqs?

Members don't see this ad.

Usually the first 2 bio classes you took in college (with lab). My courses were literally called general biology 1/2 and were 4 credits each.

My school doesn't offer lab with the first bio and we don't have the bio 1 and 2. Do you think the classes I have taken cover that requirement?

Members don't see this ad :)
My school doesn't offer lab with the first bio and we don't have the bio 1 and 2. Do you think the classes I have taken cover that requirement?
I've never heard of that before. I'd speak with your advisor.