Einstein Favorable List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scotchtape

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just informed that I am on the favorable list at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Anyone else get that? What does that mean in terms of the waitlist? And what do you think are the chances of an acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also on that list. From what I gathered from a search of past threads it could be a range of things.

This is what I know so far(thread search only no phone calls yet);

First, they halve the waitlist sometime following interviews. So you can either get a rejection or stay on it at that cut. If you make that cut you're still in for a wait.

Second, the movement according to past threads either was a while after May for most, but it did eventually move. Although I read in one or two posts that in one year the waitlist didn't move at all.

So my best bet is send a genuine letter of interest/intent and remind them you're still around but not in an annoying daily way. Overall although i"d love to go there, I know that given my track record it's probably not very likely i'll be able to.

Best of luck.

Thanks Attentive. Is there a differnce between the favorable list versus the "waitlist". Is it higher priority or something or just a fancy name for a waitlist? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
scotchtape said:
Thanks Attentive. Is there a differnce between the favorable list versus the "waitlist". Is it higher priority or something or just a fancy name for a waitlist? Thanks.

actually i'm not sure. on the 6 or so waitlists i have right now, 3 have had other more pleasant names for it. i figured that the favorable list was same as waitlist. primarily cause of the halving thing later on in the year.

Judging from past threads, one might suppose that we 'favourable' people are resigned to wait until June or July if we are looking for a positive outcome. If we are not so favourable as to make it past the halving of the list after May 15th, then we will have our rejection somewhat sooner. It is my own belief that and LOI or two might help, but they are not too terribly effective.

It seems, however, that SDN is useless in terms of establishing hard and fast rules for the modus operandi of the AECOM adcom. Past threads evidence confusion about whether wait-listed candidates or emailed candidates (vis their degree of interest) have higher priority. Also, some threads suggest that acceptance off the waitlist has in some years been extremely rare, while others suggest ample movement (as the waitlist letter does itself). The sheer number of mutually exclusive conjectures posted previously makes me wary of drawing conclusions about our fate.

However, one prediction I am most ready to offer, which happens also to be less helpful than I'd like, is this :we will wait.

Si vis pacem para bellum

eudaimonia awaits...

scotchtape said:
unfortunately, we will be waiting... sigh
oh, I was waitlisted since January ... and did not get that letter ... so scary now ... I sent a letter of interest already ...

anyone get that 'favorable' waitlist letter? if so, what does it say? I was just told over the phone.

scotchtape said:
anyone get that 'favorable' waitlist letter? if so, what does it say? I was just told over the phone.
wait .. so you were told about that list after you were wailisted? I'm confused now ...or they rank their waitlist into 2 separate list: one either receive a letter for "normal" waitlist, and some can be on the "favorable" list??

Ok so I contacted Einstein today. I haven't received any actual letter yet, she said it was in the mail, but I am on their favorable candidate group. I asked if that was the waitlist, she said no. Her words were, "You are accepted but we just have to hear back from people that we sent acceptances to already. As soon as some of them say no, you ll get your acceptance". I am so baffled. Isn't that a waitlist?

Maybe they have sent out their max number of acceptances, but anticipate that you will get in once some people decline their acceptances. Hence, you are "accepted" already, but just waiting for a spot to open. They do offer quite a few acceptances for the number of spots, so maybe you are already informally "in"

Uegis said:
Maybe they have sent out their max number of acceptances, but anticipate that you will get in once some people decline their acceptances. Hence, you are "accepted" already, but just waiting for a spot to open. They do offer quite a few acceptances for the number of spots, so maybe you are already informally "in"

may 15 = big deadline which means much waitlist movement and chaos.