Einstein interview - what campus is best?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YBee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'd like to hear from those who interviewed at each campus and what you felt it was like. How long did the interviews last? Is it feasible to
interview in Manhattan and then travel to the Bronx for the lunch/tour? Is that really hard to do? (I'm not that familiar w/NYC.)
Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

They have a Manhattan campus? Where is it? Also when was your application complete and when did you find out about the interview. I'm still waiting...

I would interview at the Bronx Campus. If you interview out on Long Island or in Manhattan, you run the risk of missing the luncheon which starts at noon on the day. There is an express bus from Manhattan that you can pick up on the Upper East side or in midtown, but I don't know where Beth Israel Hospital is in relation to the bus stop. The bus from the lowest part of the island will take you at least 45 minutes.

I interviewed at the Bronx Campus and although my interview was at 10:45am, it didn't start until 11:15am and it ran 1.5 hours. I ended up missing the lunch and tour and had to make a second trip to see the campus. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent my secondary in last week of Oct., got email first week of Dec. telling me that my app was complete. Just notified of interview this week. They don't really have a Manhattan campus - poor choice of words on my part. They offer an interview option at Beth Israel in Manhattan.

I'm not sure, but I think that you will have to go to the Bronx campus at some point for the tour and lunch so I just went ahead and picked the Bronx campus for my interview to make things easier.

If I were you, I'd elect to interview at the Bronx campus. A few interviewees whom I knew wound up rushing through the tour and were nervous throughout the day because they had to catch a shuttle bus to reach their interview destination on time. It would probably be more convenient for you, and put your mind at rest, if you interviewed at Morris Park (the Bronx campus). There's an express bus that takes you directly there from Manhattan, it's pretty easy.

Hope this helps. :)

barb is right. I just interviewed at AE on 1/21 and we had to all check in at the office of admissions in the Belfer Building on the Bronx Campus cause we needed to pick up our files and deliver it to the interviewer. so you're gonna be at the Bronx Campus anyway. also, there were a couple interviewees who had interiews off campus and they had to shuttle. they missed the lunch but were able to catch the post-lunch tour. so unless you have some dying reason to interview at the other campuses, i would suggest going to the main one. especially since you will be spending time looking for the interviewer's location and such. you don't want to stress yourself out.

barb is right. I just interviewed at AE on 1/21 and we had to all check in at the office of admissions in the Belfer Building on the Bronx Campus cause we needed to pick up our files and deliver it to the interviewer. so you're gonna be at the Bronx Campus anyway. also, there were a couple interviewees who had interiews off campus and they had to shuttle. they missed the lunch but were able to catch the post-lunch tour. so unless you have some dying reason to interview at the other campuses, i would suggest going to the main one. especially since you will be spending time looking for the interviewer's location and such. you don't want to stress yourself out.

sent in secondary in early november. just got an interview invite via e-mail 2 days ago. good luck