Einstein Interview, where to stay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

THX

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at Albert Einstein in two weeks, I was wondering where would be the best hotel to stay at? Ideally somewhere relatively close by. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview at Albert Einstein in two weeks, I was wondering where would be the best hotel to stay at? Ideally somewhere relatively close by. Thanks!

The Bronx isn't exactly rife with hotels. They are mostly motels of unknown quality, but there is an Econo-Lodge on Baychester Ave. fairly close to Einstein. (I've never stayed there, though, so I can't vouch for the place.) Here is a map with all the possibilities: http://maps.google.com/maps?sourcei...ny&fb=1&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=image

I'd advise you to stick with the Econo-Lodge or maybe the Howard Johnson's, just to be sure you get a halfway decent place.

I stayed with a student host when I interviewed there, and it worked out pretty well. Most of the students live in Einstein's subsidized apartments, which are right on campus and very convenient. There's also a bus stop right in front of the apartments, so it's not too hard to get to through public transportation. If you don't mind sleeping on a couch/futon/air mattress or the like, it might be a good choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
I stayed at the Econo-Lodge. It's definitely low-budget, but it's not as scary as it looks, and the staff were really nice. If you're driving, try to get there early to make sure you get a parking spot in the tiny lot.

If I had to do it again, I might go with something a bit nicer, but from what I can tell, most of those places are significantly farther away.

Definitely stay with a student host. It was well worth it. I had a great experience. Plus, you get to talk with actual students and take some stress out of your day by being right there on the campus. I'm pretty sure it's free as well.

Definitely prioritize finding a sutdent host to begin with. Then, if you can't find that, find a hotel that is near to one of the BxM10 bus stops. It's an express bus (a really nice bus with coachliner type seats and overhead compartments) that stops directly in front of the belfer building at Einstein. Try typing "BxM10" into google maps.