Einstein Medical School LOR Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ktruong

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Einstein requires a LOR " from a faculty member in the department of the applicant’s major." I am a neuroscience major at UCLA, so does that mean I have to get a LOR from specifically a neuroscience professor? I received LOR's from a Biochemistry professor and an Ecology and Evolutionary biology professor, but are those enough?

Thank you,
-Kevin

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure your fine. It just means a LOR from your "major", not "sub-major" specifically. Call and ask just to be sure though.

I'm sure your fine. It just means a LOR from your "major", not "sub-major" specifically. Call and ask just to be sure though.

Thanks for the fast reply. I will email them to make sure and post the response I get in case anyone else has the same question.

Thank you,
-Kevin

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a philosophy major who had a letter from an ethics professor (clearly a philosophy course, but he technically was in the religion department). They wouldn't accept it. But definitely call to ask/argue your specific case.

I am a philosophy major who had a letter from an ethics professor (clearly a philosophy course, but he technically was in the religion department). They wouldn't accept it.

Pretty much sums up the medical school admissions process.

Einstein requires a LOR " from a faculty member in the department of the applicant’s major." I am a neuroscience major at UCLA, so does that mean I have to get a LOR from specifically a neuroscience professor? I received LOR's from a Biochemistry professor and an Ecology and Evolutionary biology professor, but are those enough?

Thank you,
-Kevin

I am also a neuro major and they accepted a letter from someone in the school of bio sci (he taught physio)

Status
Not open for further replies.