Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Einstein news???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by chopin226, Mar 22, 2004.

1. chopin226

chopin226 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I know I saw a thread like this before, but has anyone heard news from Einstein recently? If so, when did you interview? Thanks.

2. Lilmspiano

Lilmspiano Member
    10+ Year Member

3. bry2781

bry2781 Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed 1/22 and have yet to hear anything. I'm hoping something comes soon! I'm getting quite impatient. +pissed+

4. palatanmr6

palatanmr6 Active Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

I dont know if you guys saw the other thread on einstein, but there are a number of us waiting... I interviewed 1/29 - so far nothing --> I am hoping to hear within the next week...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. HawkeyeBFP

HawkeyeBFP Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    FWIW, they're still interviewing (mine is 3/30, so I know).

So not hearing doesn't necessarily mean bad news...

:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. mikeyboy

mikeyboy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I just got an interview invite today; I think I must be one of the last ones, they told me that the earliest opening was April 20th and that the interview season only goes through April 30th.

7. markus21

markus21 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

They interview until April 30th??? wow.... that's pretty late. I was told by my interviewer that all 160 or so initial acceptances were handed out by mid-January. Anyone who interviews after mid-January and impresses during the interview will be accepted as the withdraws come in at a one-by-one basis. I interviewed on 2/6 and have not heard anything yet either. I remember them saying a 4-6 week wait but it's past that already. Maybe not that many withdraws this year.

8. chopin226

chopin226 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks to everyone who responded! Good luck. everyone, and keep the Einstein news coming.
    Interviewed 1/29 and still no love,
    chopin226

9. mikeyboy

mikeyboy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Just confirmed an interview for April 20th, found out a friend got in there so I think i'll go just to check it out. Does anyone know what's the best airport to fly into? I'm not familiar with the NY area and don't know where all the airports are. I have a free ticket on Southwest so if possible I'd like to use that, but it looks like they only serve Long Island/Islip (ISP).

Thanks for your help.

10. markus21

markus21 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

LaGuardia is the closest

11. markus21

markus21 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Just did a bit of a search on mdapplicant website... of 24 people who were accepted there this year, only 3 would consider AECOM acceptances seriously (5 max if you count the maybes). 19 of them are all considering going elsewhere. maybe good news awaits us... :clap: :clap: :clap:

maybe this explains the late interviews.

12. of course. this is why AECOM interviews buttloads of people. its a great school but very few have it as their very top choice and actually get in. the waitlist letter says a significant number get acceptances in early Summer and this is because tons of people with withdraw. don't sweat it.

13. Fumoffu

Fumoffu Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I have an interview in April too...should I even bother?

Seems like it'll be hard to impress and get accepted at this point.