Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Einstein: No white coat ceremony?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Chirurgien, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Chirurgien

Chirurgien Member
    7+ Year Member

Check this out - I'm trying to make my summer travel plans and while looking up the orientation dates for the schools I'm considering attending in August, I noticed that Einstein's orientation is only 2 days long AND there is no white coat ceremony - just a presentation where "the deans read out the oath of Geneva." Man, that stinks. I was looking forward to getting my white coat this summer. Hmmm...I think this may be grounds to not choose to attend Einstein.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    whoa...not attend a good med school cause they dont have a whitecoat ceremony?

a bit extreme no?

i mean its nice to have and all but...i dont know i would rule out a school cause of this.

4. Taleof50

Taleof50 Member
    7+ Year Member

Just because it's not during orientation doesn't mean they don't have one. It could be later in the school year. Emory's white coat ceremony, for example, is in October or something, but their orientation begins July 21.

5. Luthertaketwo

Luthertaketwo Membership Revoked
    Removed

I hope someone kills me if I ever get that pretentious.