Einstein- post interview notices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Kermit

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard negatively from Einstein following an interview? On their website they say that acceptances are not offered until after the New Year, but you can be rejected at any time. I was wondering if anyone had been in this category or are the rejections being posted pre-interview. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

applying just got in!

maybe i read it wrong, but it looks to me like applying just got rejected. they don't send out their first batch of acceptances until the 15th of januaury. hopes this clears things up.

:D :D :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh gosh - sorry applying :(

hey, its ok! got rejected but it was a reach for me. I didn't have an interview, and just got a thin envelope in the mail with the rejection letter about a week ago.

Hi Applying,

I was wondering how long it took since you got the appl complete message to receive the rejection letter.

Thanks!

Hey people,
I was late in getting my secondary to Einstein, and I kept getting e-mails from them saying (to the effect of) don't worry, you still have plenty of time to apply. I was wondeing if everyone got this e-mail.
Thanks.

hi locitmd - i interviewed there in october and still received those emails after

Hey E01 - thanks for the reply. I just read your post on "Christmas Wish" - glad to hear you're in the holiday spirit and more relaxed about your mail/e-mail. I have to admit that I'm very jealous, as I haven't been able to do the same. Best of luck to you, I hope you hear great things when things pick up again in January.

RetroMan,
i received the rejection letter about a month after I received AECOM's e-mail saying they received my AMCAS app. hope this helps!!

Thanks locitmd for the encouragement :) Please don't be jealous...unfortunately I have reverted back to my old self this evening as I came home to nothing but a big fat credit card bill. not even a Dartmouth rejection and I know I'm due to get a pre-interview one any day now :(

Originally posted by applying:
•RetroMan,
i received the rejection letter about a month after I received AECOM's e-mail saying they received my AMCAS app. hope this helps!!•••

Thanks for the info. Let'see what happens

:rolleyes:

I interviewed there in early November and haven't heard anything yet. My interview went really wierd. But I guess Jan 15th is the date to find out what happens.

They have me scheduled for an interview January 21st. If they are sending out a whole bunch of acceptances January 15th, does that mean I'm looking at a waitlist at best?
Also, I have an interview at another school in the area in late February and I'm coming from San Francisco, so I was hoping to push the AE interview back to late Feb? Would I be shooting myself in the foot by pushing back the interview or is the fact that my interview is post-January 15th the main problem, if it is in fact a problem? Your guidance is appreciated.

Barb,
I don't think that your interview date is a problem. On the website interviewfeedback.com, there was a thread posted by someone who had interviewed at AE, and they had said that their interviewer told them that AE sends out enough acceptances, the Jan. 15th batch, to fill half of their class. I think the thread was posted sometime early in December. I know a few students who attend AE and I was told, by them, that AE interviews a large percentage of their applicant pool. So, I would not worry, and good luck! :D

AE is my first choice, I sure hope I get an interview there! :D

"That which we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly. It is dearness only which gives everything its value." Thomas Paine

Thanks for the info, Daisygirl.
Good luck to you, I hope you get an interview there too! :)

I'll be there on Friday and I'll let you know what I hear about decisions.

My interview is scheduled for March 8th.
I guess it is a bit late but I don't really care.