Einstein vs RWMS (with scholarship)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

md2b2012

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. Long time reader, first time poster. I've been accepted to Einstein and RWJMS. I am a NJ state resident. RWJ gave me a first year $20,000 scholarship. I got financial aid packages from both schools. If I go to Einstein I would be in about $216K in loans. At RWJ, it would be about $160K. Both are higher than I expected, but what can you do...

My question is which one should I go to. I know Einstein is a better school with more opportunities but is it worth that extra money? However, is that extra debt seriously worth it? I go to Rutgers New Brunswick and am familiar with RWJ.

I know there are other posts similar to mine, but can somebody help me out!

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

RWJ no questions asked.

I would say go where you want to go. I don't think 50k is worth a lifetime worth of second guessing and regret.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say go where you want to go. I don't think 50k is worth a lifetime worth of second guessing and regret.

:thumbup:

don't think the financial difference is big enough for you to base your decision on the $$$

go with what you like.

einstein has such awesome housing! its so cheap. haha
do you drive? which area do you like more?

i agree that you should go to the place youlike more

Just to clarify is that scholarship from RWJ just for the first year? Or is it renewable for each year?

I faced a very similar dilemma, if you want you can send me a message for details.

thank you all for your comments. the scholarship is only for year one. i accounted for the cheap housing into my debt calculations. if i go to RWJ, i'll inherit my brother's car so that wouldn't be an added cost. my basic dilemma is will i be severely limited by going to RWJ and does einstein have something to offer that is not worth passing off. i was a little turned off by the einstein during interview day but it got better during a second look.

keeping sending me your thoughts. thanks!

thank you all for your comments. the scholarship is only for year one. i accounted for the cheap housing into my debt calculations. if i go to RWJ, i'll inherit my brother's car so that wouldn't be an added cost. my basic dilemma is will i be severely limited by going to RWJ and does einstein have something to offer that is not worth passing off. i was a little turned off by the einstein during interview day but it got better during a second look.

keeping sending me your thoughts. thanks!

No, you will not be limited what-so-ever by going t RWJ, and no, Einstein does not have something magical about it. I agree that you should go where you are most happy IF costs are equal. However, 56k+interest is too substantial to ignore. People here tend to think that money grows on trees and that a slight difference in happiness for four years of your life is priceless. In any case, it doesn't even sound like you even think you'd be happier in Einstein. Seems like a real no brainer to me.

Go to Einstein ;)! I am on the waitlist at RWJ!!!

Honestly though, I would suggest making a checklist and putting the two schools in two columns. Then, I would put factors that will influence your decisions. These include, but are not limited to, financial aid, prestige, location, clinical training, research, and student life. Which ever school gets the most checkmarks, that my friend is the school where your needs will be met and where you will fit in the most and contribute in a more effective way since it will be a goodness-of-fit.

Go to Einstein ;)! I am on the waitlist at RWJ!!!

Honestly though, I would suggest making a checklist and putting the two schools in two columns. Then, I would put factors that will influence your decisions. These include, but are not limited to, financial aid, prestige, location, clinical training, research, and student life. Which ever school gets the most checkmarks, that my friend is the school where your needs will be met and where you will fit in the most and contribute in a more effective way since it will be a goodness-of-fit.

Hey, why are you waitlisted?