Einstien email but no transmission?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bludeviled, Jul 31, 2002.

1. bludeviled

bludeviled Member

Hey guys,
    like a slacker I recently (last week) submitted AMCAS and so it currently reads:

"Your application and official transcripts have been received and are in line to begin the Verification process. "
    that means no schools of mine have recieved my info. right ??

So why did I get an email that says that says:

We are happy to inform you that AMCAS has successfully downloaded your application information to us. Your application form itself has either been sent to us or will be sent by AMCAS shortly.

You may have already sent us some of your application documentation as a result of having logged onto our website already, perhaps at the advice of your advisor, or just by your own good detective skills!

we invite you to get started with your Einstein application now etc. etc.
    -----
    I am positive I did no logging on to their website. Regardless is this the same thing as the email they send out to people inviting them to fill out a secondary? - I realize they don't screen so did everyone who applied get such an email and under what circumstances?
    :confused:

Thanks a bunch

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tBw

tBw totally deluded

actually schools can access a bulletin of applicants and applicant contact info prior to verification.

It will never show up as transmitted to AE even after verification as they only accept paper copies of the verified application (which is a different issue but just as an "FYI")

I think this email from AE wins the prize so far as the most incoherent....

4. Tweetie_bird

are ya kidding me? Ok, so it's incoherent, but I LOVE how they came out and said if we are interviewing in NY, we can contact them to schedule our interviews in NY together. Plus they said that nice thing about how "in the upcoming year, we are in it together and they are willing to help us in any which way. . . " or something liek that. I just like how informal it is. . . .I think so far, I vote it to be the most **considerate** secondary.

It may not be lucid, but it's (good) intentions are coming through.

5. tBw

tBw totally deluded

yeah, it was a pretty "warm and fuzzy" email, which was nice for a change.

6. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27

Resident [Any Field]
    Yup, I got that email too, although I'm still "waiting to be verified".

AE get's my vote for most human application. Much better than Jefferson's.

So...what's the other story about AE and AMCAS? Is this a school that asks us to print out our AMCAS and mail it to them, or is that another school?

7. Tweetie_bird

Tulane does that, but I think AE was also requiring something specific like that. Anybody know???

8. Bikini Princess

"...or perhaps because the peeps of SDN told you about it!" :)