EK 1001 Physics Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TomWestmanRules

MD Supplicant
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since everyone here seems to have such a stiffy over EK's study materials, I started my EK collection by getting the 1001 Physics questions, in the event I need to take the August MCAT.

1001 Questions. How should I do this? Maybe do some as a diagnostic, and then study a ton and keep on doing a few questions at a time to see how I am progressing? Any ideas or strategies for you guys that worked?

Members don't see this ad.

I think Ek's review notes compliment very well with the questions on the 1001 series.
what I try to do is, start doing the problems and when I get stuck, I look at the review books- hammer the concept and try it myself. if it still doesn't work, then I look at the answer(sigh).

TomWestmanRules said:
Since everyone here seems to have such a stiffy over EK's study materials, I started my EK collection by getting the 1001 Physics questions, in the event I need to take the August MCAT.

1001 Questions. How should I do this? Maybe do some as a diagnostic, and then study a ton and keep on doing a few questions at a time to see how I am progressing? Any ideas or strategies for you guys that worked?
Take a look at the EK self-study schedule. They suggest that you do every third problem in the section of the 1001 books (every 3rd passage in the Biology 1001 book) that corresponds to that week's lecture in the "main" books. It sounds like you don't have the review books, so you could just do every 3rd problem in each section every week, and then go back later and answer additional questions in the sections that you feel you are weak in.

The 1001 series books are meant to complement the EK review books, not replace them, however...(The 101 Verbal Passages Book is an exception. These are full-length verbal tests that you can pretty much take anytime, because the EK verbal review book is reall short.)