jon0013

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2004
Visit site
Status
Im in the middle of Physics 1001 right now and it just seems like they over do it...everything is straight up calculation, i felt like i was in my physics class again...wanted to get opinions from people who have used it because I'm thinking about quitting and moving on to Kaplan Topicals...I did the BIo 1001 and OChem 1001 last week and found them helpful..to me this Physics just goes against the whole MCAT theme of applyin concepts...i dunno,maybe i'm stressed but i dont know...Also does anyone know anything about the G-Chem 1001? I was planning on doing that as well...

peace

run_4ever

waiting........
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2005
Status
I have found the 1001 Physics helpful for me just to hammer the concepts. Particularly Chapters 7 and 8 for electricity, magnetism and optics. Those topics seem to come up pretty often on practice tests. The EK 10 week schedule recommends doing every 3rd problem. Are you doing them all? If so, you probably don't need to do that unless there is something you particularly need work on. As far as 1001 Questions for General Chemistry, I didn't buy that one because the concepts seem pretty straight forward. Good luck. :luck:

OP
J

jon0013

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2004
Visit site
Status
See, the thing is I just started yesterday and am tryin to go thru them fast..500 problems a day...i was able to get through the Orgo and Bio pretty fast and got a lot out of it...i did read that Jonothon Orsey says do every 5th problem or so but i just went ahead and did all of em....i finished Impuse and am about to hit fluids...I wanted to finish all this before moving onto Kaplan Topicals....i do agree that they have helped so far with stuff such as Inclines, friction, stuff like that but some of these problems are really deep IMO...

stoleyerscrubz

Registered User and Stuff
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2004
NY
Status
Medical Student
the problems in Gen chem 1001 does not have tons of calculations. I agree that general chem seems more straightforward but it helped me in Themro and also getting comfortable with the calculations(from all chapters) that I may have to do on the MCAT.

richardlo

MD/PhD applicant
10+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2005
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Pre-Medical
I would say both the physics 1001 and g chem 1001 are much harder than what we should be seeing a month from now... I think old AAMC tests will give you a better sense of the real MCAT. :)