EK 1001 Series

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yestomeds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody know which EK 1001 questions correspond with which topics in both EK and TBR?

Also, I know that the EK 1001 bio is considered easy (is this so?). Would it be a good refresher for he/she who has not done the subjects in some time, OR for he/she who's not yet quite learned a specific topic?

Thanks for your advice on both accounts!

Members don't see this ad.

I thought bio 1001 was the best. The chem and physics 1001 are only good if you need a serious foundation refresher.

I thought bio 1001 was the best. The chem and physics 1001 are only good if you need a serious foundation refresher.
I have the Bio 1001 book, but I'm not sure if I should spend time on it because I saw lots of negative reviews about the content not being close to the actual MCAT. How did it help you?

Reactions: 1 user
It gives you help on passages analyzing experimental data. That seems to be the way of the bio mcat these days....analysis rather than memory.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's EK 1001 series (rather than the "Ek Bio book") we're talking about, right?
The EK 1001 is seen as too easy, I think.
@smpbound so you're saying the EK 1001 book for bio allows you to analyze experimental data?

Anybody know the question #s (or passage #s) in the EK 1001 book that correspond with the EK book or with the TBR chapters?
Please please and thank you! :)

EK 1001 Bio is horrible. Save yourself the money and invest in EK 101 Bio + TBR Bio.

As far as questions and their correlation w/ the TBR passages, their table of contents is pretty detailed. For instance, if you're on the TBR chapter about buffers, the EK 1001 Chem book has a subsection in the Acid/Base section specifically for buffers + titrations. It shouldn't be too difficult to pick and choose.

Thanks guys! I'm only gonna do the discrete #'s from the EK Bio 1001 book just like the ones for other science sections, so I can brush up on my concepts. For passages I'm going to use the ones from AAMC's self-assessment package. I heard it's great for practice.