EK 1001 series

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freesolo

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For people that have used these are they helpful? I dont know if I should buy the whole set of 1001 series books, or after I see what parts im weak in.

Members don't see this ad.

Abe said:
For people that have used these are they helpful? I dont know if I should buy the whole set of 1001 series books, or after I see what parts im weak in.

I wouldn't be able to tell you until I get my MCAT scores back!

Abe said:

They are not at all like most of the questions you will see on the MCAT. However, I felt that they were extremely useful in driving home the basic concepts, as well as giving lots of repetition. I only bought the Physics and Ochem books, since they were my weakest. They really identified my weaker areas, more than the EK review books. In hindsight if I had the time I would have gone through the bio, chem, and VR books as well. You basically do every 3rd, and for one chapter it takes 1-2 hours. If you are bad in one area, you will miss a batch and can go back and review and then do the in between questions. Also, some the questions are really tedious and difficult (like the physics electrical circuit they have with 8 resistors, a capacitor and two switches). This made the actual mcat questions feel like a piece of cake in comparison.

Good luck!

Treg

Is the content inside the Complete MCAT Study Package the same as the individual ones? Does it include 101 passages verbal reasoning inside? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Abe said:

They are good for memorizing formulas and doing calculations quickly. The problems consist of the "plug n chug" variety. The problems aren't MCAT level at all. They aren't intended to represent practice sets. If you need to brush up on your sciences, they can be a valuable tool. If you have the basic equations down, these books are a waste of money. I would order them because knowing the formulas and the know-how to do a variety of different equations is nearly 1/3 of your MCAT prep. In short, these problems aren't meant to challenge but to simply refresh.

h2hsu said:
Is the content inside the Complete MCAT Study Package the same as the individual ones? Does it include 101 passages verbal reasoning inside? Thanks.
The Complete MCAT Study Package consists of the following "study guides":

Biology
General Chemistry
Physics
Organic Chemistry
Verbal Reasoning

The 101 and 1001 books are sold separately.