1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

EK 1001 series

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Abe, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Abe

Abe Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

For people that have used these are they helpful? I dont know if I should buy the whole set of 1001 series books, or after I see what parts im weak in.

2. MD Rapper

MD Rapper Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I wouldn't be able to tell you until I get my MCAT scores back!

3. Treg

Treg Surgeon in training
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    They are not at all like most of the questions you will see on the MCAT. However, I felt that they were extremely useful in driving home the basic concepts, as well as giving lots of repetition. I only bought the Physics and Ochem books, since they were my weakest. They really identified my weaker areas, more than the EK review books. In hindsight if I had the time I would have gone through the bio, chem, and VR books as well. You basically do every 3rd, and for one chapter it takes 1-2 hours. If you are bad in one area, you will miss a batch and can go back and review and then do the in between questions. Also, some the questions are really tedious and difficult (like the physics electrical circuit they have with 8 resistors, a capacitor and two switches). This made the actual mcat questions feel like a piece of cake in comparison.

Good luck!

Treg

4. h2hsu

h2hsu New Member

Is the content inside the Complete MCAT Study Package the same as the individual ones? Does it include 101 passages verbal reasoning inside? Thanks.

5. daelroy

daelroy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

They are good for memorizing formulas and doing calculations quickly. The problems consist of the "plug n chug" variety. The problems aren't MCAT level at all. They aren't intended to represent practice sets. If you need to brush up on your sciences, they can be a valuable tool. If you have the basic equations down, these books are a waste of money. I would order them because knowing the formulas and the know-how to do a variety of different equations is nearly 1/3 of your MCAT prep. In short, these problems aren't meant to challenge but to simply refresh.

6. confewshz

confewshz Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

The Complete MCAT Study Package consists of the following "study guides":

Biology
    General Chemistry
    Physics
    Organic Chemistry
    Verbal Reasoning

The 101 and 1001 books are sold separately.