EK 101 passages book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TurkSurg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I finish the whole book and start all over again in 3 months, will I remember the passages/questions?

Members don't see this ad.

You will probably remember enough to throw off your score and verbal practice, so I wouldn't suggest it. Verbal is also the most practice heavy section and you need new practice problems to stay sharp or improve. Since you've used EK 101, your next option is TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook and BR Verbal.

You will probably remember enough to throw off your score and verbal practice, so I wouldn't suggest it. Verbal is also the most practice heavy section and you need new practice problems to stay sharp or improve. Since you've used EK 101, your next option is TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook and BR Verbal.

I didn't finished EK yet, just did the 1st test.
But I guess I will start with BR Verbal, then TPR Hyperlearning verbal workbook, then EK 101 passages, then AAMC's...Or I'll just start with TPR and buy BR verbal later on if I need more problems.

I didn't finished EK yet, just did the 1st test.
But I guess I will start with BR Verbal, then TPR Hyperlearning verbal workbook, then EK 101 passages, then AAMC's...Or I'll just start with TPR and buy BR verbal later on if I need more problems.

How come you're thinking about 3 months later then?

Members don't see this ad :)
How come you're thinking about 3 months later then?
I meant to say after finishing the EK book will I remember the material 3 months later...But I decided to start with TPR Hypr. verbal and then move onto EK verbal ... I think that's a better option :)

My experience is that the questions are so in depth with the passage which happens to be some arcane subject, that you completely forget most questions after a month or two.

I remembered passages and questions after a year! Not all of them but some of them.

I would start with some EK verbal and mix in Berk review verbal. BR has tons of practice passages and they are decent. I didnt think that much of TPR verbal or Kaplan.

THe best is EK verbal and AAMC for verbal. Save them for the last couple of months.

I remembered passages and questions after a year! Not all of them but some of them.

I would start with some EK verbal and mix in Berk review verbal. BR has tons of practice passages and they are decent. I didnt think that much of TPR verbal or Kaplan.

THe best is EK verbal and AAMC for verbal. Save them for the last couple of months.

What did you think of TBR verbal?

What did you think of TBR verbal?

They are decent practice. The book has alot of passages, which can get you used to reading passages and get your timing down. The passages were fine, but some of the questions are not in line with EK and AAMC. Overall, I recommend it because there is so much and I scored similar to EK. In fact, I like seeing verbal in a different way to make me think more.

EK verbal and AAMC are the best and should be the main focus.