EK 101 verbal/conversion chart for CBT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr.kicia

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I was just wondering, for those of you who are using EK verbal 101 how do you practice. Do you just take all of the passages(9 in 85 minutes, the old MCAT format) or do you take 6 and use some conversion chart to figure out your score?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I just do 2 passages a night straight through and try to get them both done in 18-20 minutes. Some would call that cheating but I do not want to blow through my material too fast. I don't really score myself on a conversion rather I rate myself by the % I get right and try to improve each time I take a pair of passages. Like one day I got 60% of them right and the next day i got 70% and so forth.

Hey guys. I was just wondering, for those of you who are using EK verbal 101 how do you practice. Do you just take all of the passages(9 in 85 minutes, the old MCAT format) or do you take 6 and use some conversion chart to figure out your score?

Do it based on percentage...if you have taken Chemistry and can do stoichiometry this is not hard

(CBT Questions Right/ CBT Total Questions ) * (Total EK Questions) = Score I would Have Gotten On Old Version

I just took the tests as they were (9 passages in 85 minutes). The pacing isn't much different, and verbal seems easier now that I am taking the cbt tests and only have to go through 7 passages.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do it based on percentage...if you have taken Chemistry and can do stoichiometry this is not hard

(CBT Questions Right/ CBT Total Questions ) * (Total EK Questions) = Score I would Have Gotten On Old Version
i think you meant

(questions answeared right in 7 EK passages)/(total questions in 7 EK passages)*40= score predicted
couse your equasion makes no sense.

huh? isn't dr. kicia's score converstion equation exactly the same as swifteagle's?

huh? isn't dr. kicia's score converstion equation exactly the same as swifteagle's?

no it is not
for instance lets say i took first 7 passages of EK (46 questions total) and scored 35 on it how would i be able to use equasion of swifteagle?

What (CBT questions right/CBT questions total ) if i am not even taking the CBT so do not have a term to plug in to the equasion:confused:
i don't know maybe he meant the same thing but he must have written it the wrong way.

no it is not
for instance lets say i took first 7 passages of EK (46 questions total) and scored 35 on it how would i be able to use equasion of swifteagle?

What (CBT questions right/CBT questions total ) if i am not even taking the CBT so do not have a term to plug in to the equasion:confused:
i don't know maybe he meant the same thing but he must have written it the wrong way.

:) we think we are so wise when someone shows us the answers and we say it in our own words ;)